Constant spotting since coming off BC. TTC no 2

Share your frustrations, share your joys

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Constant spotting since coming off BC. TTC no 2

Postby Blue84 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has experienced constant light spotting?

I came off BC in April last year to TTC no 2 and have had constant light bleeding since. Sometimes it's stops for a day and I think it's over, only to start again the next day! I've seen a gynaecologist who gave me 3 months supply of clomid. It did stop the spotting and I had one 30 day cycle in which I think I ovulated but the next two cycles I don't think I did (using opks) but it did stop the bleeding but I didn't get pregnant either time. Going back to the gynaecologist in April and not really sure on the next steps... would be interested to find out if anyone has had similar. Thanks xx
Diagnosed with PCOS April 2012
TTC since September 2012
April 2013 - Referred to Gynae
June 2013 - 1st Appt
August 2013 - 2nd Appt
November 2013 - HSG
07.02.14 - Due to start Clomid
06.02.14: Surprise Natural BFP!!!! IT'S A GIRL!!!
Blue84

Re: Constant spotting since coming off BC. TTC no 2

Postby Hols969 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:11 pm

Have you had a smear recently just to check all is ok down below ? Remember that OPK's are not reliable for pcos ladies so take what it says with a pinch of salt (taking your temperature is the most accurate way). Has your partner been tested too?

What BC were you on ?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: Constant spotting since coming off BC. TTC no 2

Postby Blue84 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi Hols, yes all up to date with smears. OH was tested first time around but not as yet. The bleeding did stop on the clomid cycles. Since having my daughter I developed hyperthyroidism which was treated and is now hypo but I am on thyroxine for that so presume that's not causing it.
Ref OPKs - yes it's quite frustrating as I wasn't offered scans to track ovulation. Temps are no good for me as up early with my 2 year old. I was on Yasmin which was fab. Really controlled my skin (acne) which is flaring up now. Not sure what else I'll be offered as I do already have a child..
Diagnosed with PCOS April 2012
TTC since September 2012
April 2013 - Referred to Gynae
June 2013 - 1st Appt
August 2013 - 2nd Appt
November 2013 - HSG
07.02.14 - Due to start Clomid
06.02.14: Surprise Natural BFP!!!! IT'S A GIRL!!!
Blue84

Return to Trying to Conceive