Meeting the right man

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Meeting the right man

Postby chantel » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:25 pm

Hi

I really wish i could meet the right man ]ust before christmas a married man asked me out. There's no way that i can start something with him because he is married and i think in the end my heart will only get broken so would his.

I feel really vulnerable right now-changes in the world place threats of redundancy. My age is against me. I am due pcos bloods. Please help.
chantel

Re: Meeting the right man

Postby Meringoo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:10 pm

Hey,

First of all, don't worry about these things. I am kind of in the same boat really. And i have days/weeks/months where i feel utterly hopeless, and then i get a fresh new perspective on things. I remember how f***ing awesome it is to be my own person. Especially when certain men I meet turn out to be lame/controlling or just plain wrong. I think that because we have a condition where there is an emphasis on our age due to hormones, timing of babies (or desperately TTC), doctors telling us to "hurry up" with these things...we feel like it's all a race. I know I have done in the past. I stayed in a terrible relationship partly because I got diagnosed with endometriosis and then my gynaecologist said "you need to have a baby before you're 30, else you'll find it very difficult to conceive after that age", so all I thought was that I had one option. It made me so unhappy. I'm nearly 30. Well, soon to be 29, and yes this slightly bothers me, but I have replaced the rubbish in my life with things that make me happy and make me feel like myself. I'm putting myself more, and it feels so good!

Have you tried doing brand new things to put you in situations where you might meet somebody decent? Online dating, going out with female friends to bars where you might meet a guy, getting involved in exciting as a hobby?
Meringoo

Postby chantel » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Your right I should think about the times when I was totally self sufficient, how awesome life was then other times i go to the doctor who how lititle progress i'm making in the pcos department.

Meet a man and then him tell me with mared was totally depressing- i never speak to another man again because it will all turn out to be too complex
chantel

Postby Meringoo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Don't let one encounter with a man who isn't really available to you put you off finding happiness! Who wins in that situation? What will you tell yourself when you look back on your life? "I got approached by a married man, so i never dated again..."?! That's totally ridiculous! Feel slightly flattered, move on and life your life to the full! Otherwise, you'll be focusing on the small obstacles in your social/love life rather than gaining great experiences. Having been in situations where i've been severely depressed, demotivated, anxious and generally terrified of life and what *might* happen, I can honestly say that I never really had anything to worry about. Nobody's lives are as rosy as they appear. Life is life. Make it work for YOU.
Meringoo

Postby chantel » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:47 pm

Thanks it's funny you say this but i bumped into the same man again apparently he was upset that i didn't return his call because he had the wrong number - he knows me in a business capacity 8)

I am Seriously weirded out have gone full circle, fom no man to man who is un suitable and to make it worse- because he was so upset about me not returning calls mostly because he had the wrong number anyway. To calm down i told you i would talk him only as a friend i regretted it as soon as i heard myself saying it

i think before something ridiculous happens i'm going to change my number and concentrate on my own self my own life my own career and studies and not think about looking for a man
What a start to 2015 been stalked by a married man. ehh ..perhaps its the pcos. Or luck ekkk
chantel

Return to Off Topic