please help

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

please help

Postby lady-t » Fri May 30, 2014 12:29 am

hi ladies I am slowly but surely going out of my mind and dont know what to do.

I have been off all contraception for 17 months now as myself and my hubby decided to start trying we knew I have been diagnosed with pcos and so knew it could take time we agreed that if nothing happened by march this year we would start getting doctors involved to ask for help. march has been and gone now and every time I try to talk to him about it he changes the subject. he has 2 children fron a previous relationship and im now starting to think he doesnt want children with me I want children more than anything i love his 2 but want my own. recently in an argument he started calling me horrible names as im still not pregnant I dont know if this is to do with the fact he doesnt want them with me although he says he does or because hes hurt its not happened yet but when I try to ask he either changes the subject or says we will sort it and puts it off for another date.

do I wait abit longer and keep trying to talk about it with him or do I just give up and be happy that im a step mum and have his 2 beaugiful babies In my life or do I go see a doctor without telling him and see what the doctors say??

I don't know what to do now all advise welcome please

xx
lady-t

Re: please help

Postby Hols969 » Fri May 30, 2014 1:06 pm

A bit of a tricky one... normally though if you have been trying for this length of time then your partner will need to produce a sperm sample, even if he has children as they will need to check him out. Men can be a bit funny about that sort of thing as well so it could be that he is apprehensive. If you want children you have to make him understand really, he has children, but you don't and want them so you do need to persevere even if it causes a bit of a row and ignore any names he calls you. Step children are not the same as your own child, its fine if you aren't fussed about having children of your own, but you do want them so do need to discuss it and find out if he does want children and if he doesn't then that is another set of questions. Problem is that issues can arise in the future if he says no and you agree but as time goes by you can resent that decision so it can cause issues long term as well so it does need discussing. Good luck.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby lady-t » Fri May 30, 2014 6:48 pm

thanks hun thats exactly what I dont want to happen for me to start resenting anything or anyone Im gonna keep mentioning it things will either end up one way or the other I suppose im starting to have enough of guessing what he wants and as its children it has to be a joint desition I suppose we just keep having fun and il keep my fingers crossed for now

thank you

xx
lady-t

Postby lady-t » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:28 pm

I have had another slight conversation with the hubby on this topic in the short of it iv told him im ready so for him to tell me when hes ready for me to go to tge doctors for help

x
lady-t

Return to Off Topic