Babies due Jun & Jul 2013

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: Babies due Jun & Jul 2013

Postby Sazwell » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:19 am

Hi hope everyone is ok?

Constance hope Simon has a fantastic christening hope its sunny where you are? Xx

we on weekly weigh-ins as advised by Caedans dietician he has gone from the 75th centile at 4 months to 21st centile at 7 months.. the new milk is a lot better and he will actually have a drink of it! dietician said he wasn't getting enough calories as he didn't like the other milk I was just adding water to thin his food out etc so bought dairy/soya free butter and found bread he can have and hes put on good weight in the last 2 weeks feel a lot better and feel i know what i'm doing a bit more lol.. hes heading back up to the 50th centile xx

hope everyone else and babies are doing well xx
Diagnosed PCOS 1998 - 2 rounds of clomid no o'v
150mg Clomid ov miracle BFP- Sept 08, Eptopic Oct 08
IVF #1March 09 BFN- short protocol IVF #2 long protocol BFP- 24/8/09 My miracle boy born 8/5/10- 2 blasts in the freezer!
May '12 FET 14.5.12 BFN 22.5.12
Awaiting next af to start Ivf #3 natural BFP 9.8.12 (shock????) no heartbeat mmc at 10weeks 21.9.12 x
Another natural miracle BFP 21.11.12?! (8 weeks after my erpc) x another miracle boy born 14.7.13 x
Sazwell

Postby espoir » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:31 pm

Just a quick hello! hope everyone is doing well. We are all sick again - the ills of the Jan are back!!! It's been quite stressful at times dealing with LOs being sick when you are sick yourself. They're both doing well - personalities are definitely coming through - they are a lot of fun, and they love their big brother. I still feel they are behind developmentally - I don't know whether to be worried or not - are your LOs all sitting up now? Moving? Turning over? I know babies are all different and don't like to compare, but at the same time it'd be good for me to have a reference point. DD can turn from back to tummy but not the other way - I'm trying to teach her that she needs to tuck her arm in. She's desperate to get moving though and everything goes in her mouth! DS isn't turning yet - he goes on his side but that's as far. We took out the high chair, but they are not as stable as DS was at that age - I reckon the twins are about 2 months behind him now, which is more than they were a while ago...we have another check up in a few weeks so will see whether we need to be concerned or not. They are both eating well. We've moved on from purees just the last days really, and think we're just going to start mushing up what we're having. They're not ready to do BLW yet. We'll have to adapt our cooking somewhat, as we don't eat that much meat - so I'm also getting in a few jars for now and again. We need to get a bit more planned in what we're going to feed them.
Ok better head to bed - hope to have some more updates soon xx
espoir

Postby Sazwell » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi everyone x

espoir really hope you are all feeling better? Its awful dealing with poorly babies when you can barely get yourself out of bed!! its hard not to worry about our children's development and especially when we already have a child already you compare them.. I know I find myself doing it and also with having my nieces so close in age my sis definitely is always comparing! Can you speak to your Health Visitor if you are worried? Although I'm sure there isn't anything to worry about. My sister has just had he year check brought forward as she was worried about the girls weights, she say them today and its really put her mind at rest! Xx

hows everyone else doing? Hope everyone had a lovely mothers day?

Afm its been a week since I stopped bf'ing.. the decisions was made for me as he kept reducing his feeds so much so think I just wasn't producing! So its been chocolate galore, so much so I felt sick all day Sunday! Think its effected me especially being dairy & soya free for 8 1/2 months.
Caedan has taken his first step a couple of weeks back and done a couple of times since but it takes so long to get their confidence. . Caedans weight is now following a steady line now but still continuing with the weekly weigh-ins. The dietician bern great and gives me a ring to see how we getting on every couple of weeks which is reassuring xx
IVF #1March 09 BFN- short protocol IVF #2 long protocol BFP- 24/8/09 My miracle boy born 8/5/10- 2 blasts in the freezer!
Awaiting next af to start Ivf #3 natural BFP 9.8.12 (shock????) no heartbeat mmc at 10weeks 21.9.12 x
Another natural miracle BFP 21.11.12?! (8 weeks after my erpc) x another miracle boy born 14.7.13 x
Sazwell

Postby Constance » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:18 am

Hi ladies and babies

Sorry I've disappeared for a while, life is so hectic here with my mum living with us and all the decorating that we are still doing... I wrote a long post about a week or so ago and I managed to lose it before posting...

Sarah - how is Caedan? What formula was he given and does he like it? thank you - the Christening was lovely, the weather surprised us all, it was really warm and we did not need any coats, which was such a relief after the wet long winter. I do give Simon an odd thing with diary nowadays, started about a month ago. Still not sure whether he is ok with it or not, it does not make him cry or hurt but he has his eczema on his head practically all the time and keeps scratching it.... I don't want to change his milk just yet, Nurtamigen is so horrible I don't want him to get used to a nicer milk and then get properly sick from dairy. He seems to be ok with the taste, though he drinks much less of it now and last 5 nights he did not wake up to have it at night - :D ...

Espoir - hope your little ones are ok now? I know what you mean when you worry and compare the babies and what they can do at a given age. Simon is still not crawling (except backwards) while Daniel at his age was already crawling and walking around furniture and toys. Simon's mattress is still up in his cotbed because he does not try to pull himself up at all. He can sit very well now and he is an absolute champion in walking and running in a walker, lol, even though he is almost not interested in walking or standing when we hold him. Daniel didn't even have a walker... we never needed it... It is difficult not to worry, I wish I did not compare his every move with Daniel (and his little cousin Sophie who crawls and climbs the stairs now at 11 months). I hope you'll get some changes soon.

I'm going back to work a week after Easter, and Simon is starting his nursery 3 days a week on Tuesday. :shock: Right now I feel really guilty, he went this week for his settling in sessions and came back with a cold (I knew it was going to happen as soon as I saw all the snotty babies in his group!). I just managed to keep him nice and healthy for a while and then he goes and puts all the snotty toys in his mouth and a couple days later joins the group of snotty babies. Fantastic!

We are in the process of doing Daniel's room - poor thing has been living in our guest bedroom for a year now. We are getting him a new set of built in furniture with wardrobes, desk, shelves, etc, new carpet, new bed and a planes and clouds mural on all walls and ceiling. We are really putting our effort into this one and family members ask us why we don't buy some wall stickers instead of paying for a mural, but we really want him to have a fantastic room that is suitable for a little boy, plus he waited so long to have it. Before Simon starts school we will get rid of the baby furniture in his room and do the same with his room.
When we've finished with D's room we will have to do the hall stairs and landing (replaster some bits, paper and paint, get new carpet, etc)... I've had an awful year of my maternity leave with all the decorating, we re-done the main bathroom, converted the garage, done our through lounge, porch, our bedroom and on suite bathroom and now Daniel's bedroom. A year of dust, dirt and tears. I'm looking forward to finishing, while getting really fed up and inpatient with the dust and mess!

Hope everyone is ok? How are the little ones?

x x x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Sazwell » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:50 pm

Ahhh Constance fantastic to hear from you.. glad Simon isnt having a terrible effect with the dairy! Caedan is now on althera which he likes thank goodness as his weekly weigh-ins haven't been going well as he lost 3oz in 2weeks??? Have no idea how although he NEVER stays still lol.. i started to feel a little disheartened and felt like the dietician thought it was my fault he wasnt gaining but I think that was the way I was feeling about it?! But he has in the last week been walking off the furniture into our arm doing 3/4 controlled steps so I dont think it will be long till hes walking!! He has started army crawling dragging himself around the room which has relieved me a little but also taken some frustration away and I'm glad hes enjoying some independence. I was at our Children's hospital on Friday night as he had croup and was struggling to breathe and was barking. . Fresh air helped but as soon as I came back into the house he struggled again so they gave him some medicine and we camehome (it works amazingly well! !) Thought we were doing well with a run of no illnesses since February. .
Glad you had a lively day for the christening and I bet Daniel will absolutely love his new bedroom.
I'm back at work on Tuesday for a couple of hours which I will do every Tuesday for just 2hrs to help out as it has got really busy since i've been off but dont officially go back till the end of June. Hope work can goes as well as it can going back after maternity leave. . Try not to feel guilty its hard enough going back but at least we are doing it for them.. well thats what i have to keep telling myself!!! :-( xx

Hope everyone else is ok? I'd love to hear how everyone is getting on xxx
Sazwell

Postby espoir » Fri May 09, 2014 8:21 pm

hello ladies, how is everyone? Constance bet you can't believe that Simon's first birthday is arriving! Where did the time go? Have you got something planned? What is everyone planning for the 1st birthdays? I'm unsure what to do for ours - it's unlikely family will be able to come then to celebrate.
Saz, glad the Caedan is ok - sounds like he's keeping you on your toes. Has he made his first step yet?
Just wanted to ask you both about the milk allergies. How would you know if your child had it? Is diarrhea mainly a symptom? DS suffers terribly from constipation, and none of the milk we've tried has had any effect. I've thought about going back to the Aptamil HA (hypoallergenic) that we used at the start, as it was about 1 month after we changed that constipation started. But our doctor said HA was if there is an allergy, so I presume she thinks he doesn't have one. What to do??
espoir

Postby Sazwell » Fri May 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Sorry write a long post then phone battery died!!! List a long post.. will try again tomorrow! ! Xx
Sazwell

Postby Constance » Sun May 11, 2014 7:36 pm

Espoir - just to answer your question - Simon was screaming in pain, pulling away from the bottle and then going back to it because he was hungry. We did not have constipation problems that I remember, just a lot of screaming, normally for a couple of hours after feeds, even at night, and also quite a lot of projectile vomiting, which at that point we though was reflux.

Perhaps he is ok with cows milk protein, perhaps it is the lactose that upsets him - I think you can get lactose free milk, not sure . If not perhaps your GP can be persuaded to let you try one? I think generally formula can cause constipation, while breast milk does not...

Hope everyone is ok. Sarah - is you LO walking now?

Simon will be 1 in exactly 20 days and he just begins to stand up with help. Daniel was so much better at it at this age, but then again every baby is different, so what can I do??? lol He is an absolute sweetheart though, mummy's last greatest love... I am absolutely, utterly in love and I think he is the most beautiful baby there is, lol. I know each of us thinks that...
He's had a dreadful month since starting the nursery, lots of illnesses, which culminated last weekend at walk-in centre on sunday and the a&e on Monday night. Completely useless lot, I must say. I had to take him to a private paediatrician to get some drugs. The nhs doctors were just looking at me and telling me he had a virus, nothing they could do, while he had high temperature, stopped drinking, eating and weeing and was crying all the time. Private doc said he had bronchitis and gave him some meds, and he is slowly getting better now, and is definitely back to his happy self. I'm sure you understand what kind of stress parents experience when your baby is getting worse and worse and all the a&e does is check if the problem spread to his lungs. Well, it did not so we were sent back home to wait till it does I guess!!! I'm not sure I will be going back to a GP with him for a while... I was absolutely terrified!

I'm a bit stressed now, so we will only have a birthday cake for the close family, I guess. I don't want to invite Daniel's friends and I don't know any babies Simon's age well enough to invite them to a birthday party... If he feels better and the weather is nice we may take him to a farm, etc...

How is everyone?

x x x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Constance » Sun May 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Here's a photo of my little sausage:
Attachments
love-0169 resized.jpg
love-0169 resized.jpg (33.83 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
M/C Jan 2012

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Sazwell » Tue May 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi everyone x

ahhh bless Simon hes an absolute cutey!!! So smiley.. caedan is walking across the living room but has found crawling so its put him back a bit as he thinks its quicker to crawl!! Sorry Simons been poorly think its been such a bad winter and beyond for illnesses, caedans just getting over a horrible virus thats lasted weeks. My doctors useless and sends me away to get on with it.. i tend to ask for the other doctor but she only works part time x

Espoir we found blood in caedan's stools when he was 2 weeks old which alerted us to intolerances but he also was having tummy pains and really uncomfortable. Hope his constipation improves.. i know with Ellis he had constpation with certain milks? X

caedan still having problems with his weight so the health visitor has refered him to the community peadiatrician as my doctor and dietician arent really much help.. he eats really well and a lot so dont really understand what going on? Caedan virtually walking and is a happy boy. He is quite clingy though and has started to cry when I leave the room and follows me, never really had it with Ellis but know it is commons at this age. Just going with it.. think him being poorly a lot hasnt helped?!

Hope everyone else is ok? Xx
Sazwell

Postby espoir » Thu May 15, 2014 6:48 pm

Awww Constance, he's gorgeous! I can imagine you just want to hug and kiss him all the time!!

Saz, I have the same a clingy baby, which is a bit weird for me too. She follows me everywhere I go, which in some cases is handy when I can't carry both.

I'm gaining weight no bother....I'm so :( about this but lack the will power and time to do anything about it. I think I'm now the weight I was when I have birth to DS1 :shock: I don't eat cakes or biscuits, but do eat dark chocolate. I'm trying to cut the carbs. I have no will power to follow a diet, but I really need to try and figure out what foods I should be eating and what not, but a diet along the lines of everything in moderation would be good for me. I have loads of low GI books, so hope I can grasp the basics. OH does our cooking, so I'm going to have to try to educate him.... All the weight is on my belly, and have had people ask if I'm pregnant :oops: :roll:
espoir

Postby Sazwell » Thu May 15, 2014 7:26 pm

Ahhh espoir I'm REALLY struggling with my weight and although I'm starting to hate what is staring back at me in the mirror i cant stop eating rubbish :-( I'm in a vicious circle I judt need motivation! !!
Bless your little girl glad it has its upsides.. lol!! I still need to find one? When hes over being clingy i'll want those times back I'm sure xxx
Sazwell

Postby Sazwell » Fri May 30, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi everyone x

Constance just wanted to say a massive happy birthday to Simon for tomorrow! !!! Wow 1 where has the time gone? ?? Xxx

how is everybody else doing? Xxx
Sazwell

Postby holpops » Sat May 31, 2014 10:19 am

Hello,

Just wanted to say to Constance, Happy 1st Birthday to Simon. Hope you have a lovely day.

I will come on later tonight to do a proper catch, taking Lily to one of her little friends 1st birthday party today.

Xx
Me 30 DH 36
first cycle of IUI, May 2010.... BFP 15th June.
Early scan- 7th July- heartbeat! :-)
Baby boy born Febuary 2011
TTC2- BFP October 2012
Baby girl born June 2013
holpops

Postby espoir » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:28 am

Constance, I'm a little late but happy birthday to Simon! 1 year old!!! Hope you had a great celebration, and that all is going well xx
espoir

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood