Babies due Jan and Feb 2014

A place for women with PCOS to talk about Motherhood & Pregnancy

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Re: Babies due Jan 2014

Postby joannapage » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:23 pm

oh kat i am so so sorry to hear your news. be kind to yourself, you're in my thoughts xxx
IVF#4 - BFP. DS born 01/14.
Ttc#2 - mc July 15
FET - Nov 15 - chemical pregnancy
Shock Natural BFP - DS2 born 10/16
joannapage

Re: Babies due Jan and Feb 2014

Postby Fitch » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:44 pm

kat - im so sorry about your sad news, miscarriages are awful, allow your self time to grieve with your OH, you are in my thoughts.

splodge - think I managed to change topic title - cheers. yay for being correct about dates, and yay for a healthy baby!! shame you didn't get any pictures!!! I always have problems at scans apparently I have 'dense fat' and im a size 10 with normal BMI so don't worry!! seems like we are all under consultant care for different reasons!!

AFM my scan was booked for next Monday but they called to say that they had made a mistake and could I come in yesterday.........scan all good, im 11+4 and baby doing well EDD changed to 17/1/13, have told some close family members, who were shocked but happy!!

hope everyone else is doing well!!!??
Fitch

Postby joannapage » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:01 pm

yay fitch for getting in for your scan early!

splodge - sorry to hear you didnt manage to get any pics but good that baby doing well!

must have been the day for it as i also had my 12 week scan yesterday and all good. baby is measuring 4 days ahead but they wont change my ivf due date so still 12th Jan. We've gone 'public' with the news today as well which is a little bit odd! We also had the NT screening done, baby wasn't co-operating at all but they did eventually get to see what they needed to after some coke and chocolate!

interesting there's a few of us on consultant care, i am too due to ivf, pcos and recurrent m/c, i think i get an appointment around 18 weeks?

Anyone else been told they have to have the glucose tolerance test too?

hope everyone's ok xx
Ttc#2 - mc July 15
joannapage

Postby Fitch » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:18 pm

yay Joanna for a healthy baby and a good scan!!

re consultant - I have an appointment at 21wks, don't really know what he/she will do!! I have to have a glucose test at 28wks as my son was over 4kg, again I don't really know what I have to do!! not really much help am I!!?? :-)
Fitch

Postby joannapage » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:27 am

how is everyone? hope we've all been enjoying the sunshine?

I've been sent an appointment for the consultant, it's this Thursday so that's quite quick! No idea what it's for though really.....

Is anyone else struggling with hayfever? It's driving me insane :cry:

love to all xx
Ttc#2 - mc July 15
joannapage

Postby Fitch » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi ladies, how Is everyone doing???

Joanna - hayfever is awful at mo, really suffering!!! :-( how did appt go with consultant?? What did they do??

X
Fitch

Postby lilgem » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm new to the site, Just wanted to introduce myself.

My names Clare I was diagnosed with PCOS following 2 Miscarriages, to make it even more painful my ex husband left me soon after the second because he wanted children.
I meet Paul 4 years ago, and we have a dream relationship, he already has a child, wasn't overly looking for more, the one day out of the blue back in May I got a BFP, we weren't even trying, im on no medication.
I keep expecting the worse, but baby is holding in there, I was scanned on Friday measuring 9w4d right on schedule heartbeat banging away, Im due another on Monday ill be 11 weeks exactly but i just can't relax, i'm expecting to miscarry any second........... silly right

well anyway i came across this board and i figured that you ladies would at least understand the odd neurotic rant :)
lilgem

Postby Fitch » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:05 am

Hi everyone

Welcome lilgem and congratulations!! Sounds like you have had a very tough time getting to this point, so its understandable that you are worried I was exactly the same with my son!! You rant away all you like!! :-)

Joanna - hope everything is ok haven't heard from you since consultant appointment!!

Hope everyone else is doing well and not feeling too hot!!!

X
Fitch

Postby Fitch » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:36 am

Jo (splodge) EDD 11.01.14
Carla (fitch) - EDD 17.01.14
Kat - sadly lost
Joanna - Edd 12.01.14?
Debs - EDD 11.01.14?
Ellie - EDD 05.02.14 but expecting c section end Jan
Fiddlegal -
Fitch

Postby hannahbanana » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi all!

Congratulations everyone on your bfps!
Mind if I join you? I'm 15 weeks today, already have a 2 year old and am due 12th jan.

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all.

Hannah x
TTC number 1 since April 2009...
Agnus Castus and lots of PMA worked!
BFP 22nd May 2010!
Grace was born 6th February 2011

TTC number 2 November 2011
Started Metformin April 2013
Bfp 4th May 2013
hannahbanana

Postby Fitch » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Congratulations and welcome Hannah!!! Hope everything is going smoothly for you!!

X
Last edited by Fitch on Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fitch

Postby Fitch » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:12 pm

Jo (splodge) EDD 11.01.14
Carla (fitch) - EDD 17.01.14
Kat - sadly lost
Joanna - Edd 12.01.14
Debs - EDD 11.01.14
Ellie - EDD 05.02.14 but expecting c section end Jan
Fiddlegal -
Hannah - EDD 12.01.14
Fitch

Postby joannapage » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:50 am

hi everyone, hope everyone is ok?

I keep forgetting about this thread, I'm so used to be on the TTC board I head there automatically!

Consultant went well, am now on baby aspirin as well and I see him again at 20 weeks after my scan. Then I get another 2 scans at 28 and 34 weeks. He said he doesn't like his IVF ladies to go beyond their due dates so he'll look at inducing me at 40 weeks!

How's everyone else doing?

welcome and congratulations to lilgem and Hannah. Lilgem I know just how you feel about expecting to m/c any minute, i think it's natural to worry though. I really hope your scan today goes well.

Love to all xxx
Ttc#2 - mc July 15
joannapage

Postby Fitch » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi everyone

Haven't been on for ages!! Started back at work last Monday so been busy!! Back working full time until new baby arrives, was only suppose to go back part time but seen as its only for 4 months thought I might as well do full time and get better maternity pay!!! :-)

How is everyone?? Can't believe we are nearly half way, it has flown by!! Still no sickness or any symptoms so fingers crossed I have escaped!!
Has anyone felt any flutters yet!??
Had midwife the other day and heard heartbeat which was nice!!!

Hope your all well x
Fitch

Postby Ellie81 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Hello everyone

Well done Fitch for rescuing us, let's get posting now we're all heading into our 2nd trimesters! Welcome to the new ladies.

Hope everyone is feeling ok, and recovering from nausea and tiredness. Fitch, yes it will be time for flutter soon! To be honest I already think I have felt something very faint very low down, but I know at 14 weeks that's unlikely, so may just be my befuddled brain, or my insides otherwise churning! Great that you heard the heartbeat, such a lovely sound!

Kat, I don't think I said, but I'm really sorry you had a loss. I see you're already back into TTC from the clomid thread, which is great. Just be easy on yourself. Hugs (()).

Made through to 12 weeks despite lot of sickness. I have to fly a lot with work, and I really struggled whenever we went into descent, though have mastered the art of the subtle puke in a bag! Fortunately everything was fine at the 12 week scan which was relieving. DS somehow worked out I had a baby in my belly (he must have overheard DH and I talking about it!) and now he says "hello baby" and kisses my belly which is v sweet. Though he's announced he only wants a brother! Already have quite a decent bump - last time this sort of size bump didn't materialise until about 22 weeks but I guess second time around stomach muscles aren't as tight! Have told people at work but it's a bit stressful as I'm in charge of a really big project which will be ramping up for big finale just as I'll have to go on M/L :x So people aren't very happy they will be left in it. Have to do an insane number of overseas trips too, including long haul, in the next few months, which I'm quite scared about managing. Have to reschedule most of my maternity appointments which I feel bad about and bit worried it's all going to get the better of me + give me even less time with my DS who's seeing much more of daddy at the moment than mummy :cry: .

Have booked a private gender scan in two weeks as can't wait to find out this time. Though think we're going to keep it a secret! I would love a girl, but trying to get my head around the fact a boy will be great as my DS will be v excited. You don't get to choose in life, and I know lots of people would give their right arm to be in a position where they are expecting their second, so there's nothing to be disappointed about (you can tell these are the mantras I've been telling myself!!)

Lots of love to all the emerging bumps! x
Age 33, DH 36
PCOS diagnosed 2005
DS1 born May 2011
DS2 born Jan 2014
My Ovulation Chart
Ellie81

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy & Motherhood