IBS?

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

IBS?

Postby s_x » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:51 am

Hi everyone,

I'm having these painful sharp pains in my lower stomach quite often, it feels like a tight stomach and then my stomach bloats out. I'm not sure what it is. I talked with a doctor and he didn't really say much. He said how IBS is quite hard to diagnose etc. He also told me to try and cut gluten out of my diet. I really don't think it's allergy related as I've never had an allergy problem before. I'm going to keep a food diary and see if I can link it to anything.

I do get constipated sometimes and get mild diarrhoea.

I went to the pharmacy yesterday and was told that Buscopan cramps tablets might help. I'm only 20 and I do exercise and eat a balanced healthy diet.

Does anyone else have IBS or understand these problems?
Image Image
Age 21
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome & Hirsitism
Mercilon pill
Cyproterone acetate 50MG

Image Image Image
s_x

Re: IBS?

Postby Hols969 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:47 pm

I personally think its food combination that sets it off for me so I would definatley do a food diary. I actually cut out pasta, rice and bread and the bloating and discomfort went and actually I can now eat them all again occasionally - I didnt have these issues until about 10 years ago so I do think things can change in your body. Are you eating regularly enough e.g. having snacks mid morning and afternoon as I also used to bloat badly if I got hungry.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby s_x » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks for your reply:)
I have started a food diary today and eaten bread and dairy.will have to wait and see if i get any stomach pains.

I eat mid morning snacks and eat fruit. Ah i see, at least you can eat certain foods sometimes! I didnt realise you could suddenly become allergic to foods. A couple of years ago i stopped eating bread and pasta because i became a bit obsessed with what i ate. Maybe that could have triggered it off? As wholewheat pasta and bread are in my diet now.
Image Image
Age 21
Mercilon pill
Cyproterone acetate 50MG

Image Image Image
s_x

Postby Hols969 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:30 pm

I dont think its an allergy, its more you become intollerant of things sometimes, probably going for organic may improve things perhaps as there is so many sprays etc on food now. I can no longer eat apples which I always used to be able to as I bloat so badly. Have you looked up the symptoms of IBS and the sort of food you need to avoid as that may help further.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby s_x » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Yeah i have read the symptoms of ibs online, i know you shouldnt read things online but i was interested. It was alcohol, sugary foods, chocolate and other things.

Just realised your commenting on my other post as well:)
It maybe down to pasta, as i suddenly cut it out of my diet. Will have to see how my food diary goes.
Image Image
Age 21
Mercilon pill
Cyproterone acetate 50MG

Image Image Image
s_x

Return to Off Topic