Evicting tennants

A place to discuss all non-related PCOS topics

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Postby hope07 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:27 am

Hope all goes well today x
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby MsMara » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:01 pm

Thinking of you today. Good luck!
The best thing about life is that it's never so bad that it can't get worse.

Trying to lose 6 stone
MsMara

Postby TryingAgain » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:15 pm

the agent has been round, they are in, they have changed the lock and locked themselves in. I have paid today for an eviction warrant and have been told by the court that I am looking at the end of February for an eviction!! I have tried private bailiffs and some of them say they can't do it and other say they are too busy.

I can't cope with this situation anymore, I either give up now and give the key to the mortgage lender and go for a voluntary repossession or I take matters into my own hands- which will only land me in trouble.

I have just been signed off work with anxiety, I have switched my phone off and have given up for today at least x
* TTC since 2006
* no response to met, clomid, injections
* IVF, 3 eggs, 1 embryo, beautiful daughter born 2008
* IVF #2 Nov 2012, 5 eggs, 1 embryo, BFN
* . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
TryingAgain

Postby Hols969 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:37 pm

OMG I could cry for you. Im not surprised you have been signed off with anxiety, try and take it easy. Is it possible you can take a step back and let the agent sort this out from now to try and keep you 'sane'? I would be at the end of my tether too. xx
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Constance » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

OMG, I got stessed myself now. Can't you get somebody to break the door and chuck their stinky possesions out and change the lock?

x
M/C Jan 2008
Diagnosed PCOS Apr 2008
Baby boy born on 25/06/09
M/C Jan 2012
Baby boy born on 31/05/13

ImageImage

ImageImage

Constance

Postby Kasha » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:18 pm

Oh mate this is really shocking. I'm so sorry for you and I can understand why you are feeling so anxious.
How can people get away with things like this? This country needs a good kick up the bum if people can do this to someone. Its your house, you have an eviction order, you should be able to enforce it and the law should be on your side too.
I'm not really interested in the property market but let me tell you your story has definitely put me right off!
I really hope it gets sorted out for you.
Btw have you tried writing to your MP? Might be worth a shot, they do tend to get things moving.

BFP - 7/10/10, sadly miscarried at 6 weeks 15/10/10

BFP - 18/11/10

BFP 07/12

Raindrops 'n Roses
Kasha

Postby hope07 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:41 pm

Makes you wonder just whos side ghe law is on. Unbelieveable- big hugs huni xxx

1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby MsMara » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:40 pm

I... I actually am speechless. So sorry chick. Don't know what to say :(
The best thing about life is that it's never so bad that it can't get worse.

Trying to lose 6 stone
MsMara

Postby Sammi » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Do you know what TA, I would go to the paper. You have nothing to lose!

The Daily Mail would probably love something like this. At the worst it would highlight how much the law needs reviewing, and in the best instance you get offers of help to get them out quicker.

Utter ba***rds! I'm angry for you. Let alone how much rent you have lost and are still losing.
No cycle for me, male factor infertility for H. Clomid resistant.

IVF#1 July/August 2013 at Bourn Hall - 35 eggs collected, 22 fertilised and frozen due to OHSS.
FET#1 December 2013 - BFP on Christmas Day!

It's going to be alright in the end. If it's not alright it's not the end.
Sammi
Verity Admin

Postby devilisha » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:50 am

I cannot believe it :evil: :evil:

If you have a possession order, why cant you just take possession ??
How is the law not on your side !!!!!
You should be able to just go in and kick the scumbags out. They have had enough chances.

I would set up outside, cause a scene and start a protest. Its your bloody house.

If you knew that no one was home, could you just go and change the locks and lock them out ?

Feel for you hun (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
devilisha

Postby TryingAgain » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Had a phone call from my friend who lives opposite the house to say she had seen them moving out boxes and bags of stuff today in a number of different cars. So DH went and picked up the key from the agents and we planned to go round tonight and change the lock.

I decided to ring her and ask her what was going on, she said she had somewhere to go had been moving stuff today and has a van coming in the morning to move all the bigger stuff. She assured me they would be out for 1pm tomo, she will leave the spare keys on the fireplace and push the key through the door. I told her I had booked a locksmith for 4pm and she assured me the house would be empty by then.

I asked her where she was going and she wouldn't tell me, she said she had had to put a 1k down on the new house so that is why she hasn't paid any of her CCJ off, so she must be renting agian private and is going to to the same again no doubt.

It has been an eye opener to discover that as a private residential landlord you have next to no rights at all. Even once you have gone through the court process the only person that can actually physically remove them is the court bailiff, who are salaired, and crap by the sounds of it and it takes months and months.

The lesson is, you can't do it yourself, I have now gone with a reputable agent with a guaranteed rent scheme. Lets just hope and pray that they leave tomo and I can get in and assess the damage x
* TTC since 2006
TryingAgain

Postby Hols969 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Thats such good news, thank goodness for that. Fingers crossed its all worked out by the end of the weekend.

Well done for staying sane!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby hope07 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:45 pm

Thats good news, so glad its going to be sorted for you xx

1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby wellington » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:57 pm

I'm so glad it's nearly over for you. You're completley spot on about having no rights - we have been in the same situation twice, and lost more than a years rent both times. It truly sucks. There isn't even anything you can do to prevent it when you know the pitfalls. Hope the damage is minimal and it's all sorted soon. Being a landlady isn't the easy money everyone thinks, is it!
TTC no 2 since December 2010: Clomid 100mg, 150mg, Ovarian Drilling oct 2011, more clomid 150mg
IVF #1: August 2012: 14 eggs, 6/7 fertlised, 1 blast, none to freeze. BFN. Recipient BFP
IVF #2: December 2012: 16 eggs, 7/8 fertilised, 5 blasts, no frosties, BFN. Recipient BFP
IVF #3: March 2013: 8 eggs, 3/4 fertilised, 2 Cleaved embryos transferred, BFN. Recipient BFN
IVF #4: November 2013: down reg on synerel, stims 22/11 150 menopur, 11+5 follies @ 14 mm. Egg collection likely 6/12.
wellington

Postby TryingAgain » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Thought I would let you know how it all turned out- God what a weekend :shock:

So, a friend who lives opposite text me Friday afternoon to say that they were moving out. So I just called her and she agreed she would leave by 1pm Saturday and would push the key through the door. I asked her where she was going and she said back to her moms in Kingswinford. I didn't believe that for a second so decided to a bit of detective work. I drove up there Saturday morning and saw them getting everything into a van, so I parked at the end of the road and followed them.... to a brand new four bed detached house less than a mile around the corner!!! :shock: I couldn't believe it, I got the address, I could see there was a board up the side of the house but couldn't get any details. So I came back home and put the address into Rightmove- and guess what---- the agent that has let the new house to them is the same agent who put them into our house!! He knows I have just evicted them and they have a CCJ!!! :twisted: So, I have a list for tomo- call Trading Standards and report them, call Solicitor and see if we can sue this agent for breach of contract, call the bailiff and send them to their new address to get the bloody money they own us.

Anyways, back to our house, we went in and it was riffy filthy, I mean filthy, slime all over the floor, the oven was coated in black sludge, the windows were black, they had taken all of our curtains, a few holes punched in walls and doors but no real sturcural damage. I have spent the last two days cleaning, scrubbing, going to the tip, picking fag ends out of the garden. And they left loads of paperwork too, bank statements, letters from bailiffs, debt collectors, loans, store cards, pawn brokers, she owes the Avon about £600!

All in all, this has been an awful experience but it could have been worse. I am just grateful that they left and we have had the locks changed and it looked ok when we came away today. I am still going to take the time off work as there is so much to sort out. I am going to ring all the debtors and explain and give their new address. They must be laughing, thinking they have slinked off. The neighbours came out to tell us various stories, they asked the guy opposite to lend them money, one night they knocked next door and said they didn't have a babysitter and would they mind their kid whilst they went out! One neighbour said he had had a letter from the police asking if they knew his whereabouts!!

I had thought they were both in their 40s, couldn't believe it when I found their DOB- she is the same age as me (28) and he is a year younger than me!!!! It must be all the pressjure of living life looking over your shoulder why they look haggered! When I think that we are the same age, and how different our lives are.

So, to say I am relieved that they have gone is an under statement. this whole experience has been an eye opener. I have discovered ANYBODY can be a Letting Agent- you are not governed by anybody- and seemingly you can do as you please and there are no consequences. Also as a landlord you have no rights whatsoever. I will now be using a reputable agent, with tenants that are properly vetted, and I will pay for a rent guarantee from the agent. Onwards and upwards. . . . . . x
* TTC since 2006
TryingAgain

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic