Swollen breasts and tummy

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Swollen breasts and tummy

Postby gillymonkey » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi I'm new here and wondering if anyone can help.

I was finally diagnosed with PCOS last year. I am really struggling at the moment with a very swollen tummy and swollen breasts (the left one in particular looks like I've stuck a balloon up my top?) It doesn't seem to matter what stage in my cycle I'm at. One day my clothes will fit, the next I can't button things up, it's really noticeable. this has gone on for ages and I'm so fed up , it's so uncomfortable (but not sore) and i just feel fat and horrible (I'm a size 12 so wouldn't normally be bothered)

I'm not on any meds as I'm really worried about my fertility and my doc said it was prob best to let my body be just now , is there anything I can do to stop this?
gillymonkey

Postby gillymonkey » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:55 pm

Forgot to mention I also suffer from hot flushes.
gillymonkey

Postby Aara » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:05 am

That's so harsh about your breats, luckily I don;t get that often. I get major swollens tomach though - I can go from being a size 12ish to having to wear size 16 on and off. I hate it!

I resorted to taking a senna tablet every night which actually helped because unlike chemical laxitive it didn;t make me have the runs it just meant I had a normal movement every morning.

I found that those aquaban tablets are quite good, but drinking 3 or more cups a day of tea with just a slice of lemon in it reduced my breast sweeling when I had it before my period.

Are your cycles very far apart? Mine are about 48 days apart.

Aara xx
Aara

Postby gillymonkey » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:37 pm

Hey thanks for the reply. My cycle has been all over the place for the past year , at it's normal it's 28 days but I've recently gone 3 months with no period. My mum said basically what you suggested trying a natural diaretic but unfortunatly I don't like tea or coffee so will need to try a suitable alternative. I've alse read online that a non-refined carb diet might help so I'm trying that too. Thanks!
gillymonkey

Postby Aara » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Yeah that NF carb diet would help. I tell you a good thing as well - fish is amazing and oily fish actually helped keep my period regular (considering I went for like 3 years without one and wasn;t on the pill eeeek!) even if uoi don't like it you can have like lightly fried fish with a salad or on toast with baked beans to take away the taste.

Don;t hesitate to ask any other suggestions as I have been diagnosed for just over 10 years and I'm only 25 so still trying everything :lol:
Aara

Return to Other problems