been diognosed with type 2 diabetes

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

been diognosed with type 2 diabetes

Postby samone » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:44 pm

I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, I was insilin resistant for 5 years.
I have had all of the tests done, but I am having trouble coping.
I know I should stop eating sugary things, but I get really bad cravings for sugary food.
I must admit that I was expecting to get it, but when I was told I was really shocked!
I get confused about blood sugar levels.
I am also having trouble to loose weight.
Somebody please help!
sam
samone

Postby Tubman » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi-

I've recently cut out all cakes, biscuits and chocolate, and to combat cravings (which really don't last! I haven't had anything in about two weeks!) I drink pure fruit juice or have a low fat, sugar free yogurt (you can get toffee ones).

I'm not diabetic, I'm just a little paraniod about getting it, which is why I cut it out. Hope this helps, at least at the beginning of changing the diet.
Tubman

been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes

Postby samone » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi tubman
yeah that does help.
I know i should cut out chocolate, and I am trying very hard to do so, as after I eat too much sweet stuff I am thirsty for ages.
I know that this is to do with my diabetes.
I am off to slimming world to get weighed tomorrow, and I must admit that I am dreading it. I have had a really bad week.
Still I have to try very hard not to beat myself up about it!
And I know that i am the only one who can help me.
well done for what you are doing, I with I had your will power.
samone
samone

Ihave been diagnosed with type 2 dibetes

Postby samone » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi tunman,
well done for what you are doing, I have been trying relly hard to stop eating so much chocolate, as it is making me really thirsty, so I know that it isn't doing me any good.
I am going to slimming world to get weighed tomorrow, and I must admit that I am not looking forward to it.
I am going to try to eat more fruit, and healthy things this week, but I am now promising anything. I am to much of a chocoholic!
I really wigh that I didn't like chocolate.
Keep up the good work.
samone
samone

Postby Annoldie » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:55 pm

Hi Samone, Have you tried dark Chocolate - 70% cocoa solids instead of milk chocolate or a drink of cocoa, not drinking choc - that usually has too much sugar in it? They usually fix my cravings and are much less damaging. Ann.
Annoldie

I have been diagnosed with type diabetes

Postby samone » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:13 pm

Hi Ann
no. I don't really like dark chocolate, as it is so strong, and I never drink any kind of drinking chocolate, as I don't like that either.
I know it sounds a bit strange, my daughter eats chocolate moose, and I can't stand it, I do like other sorts of moose, it's just that the chocolate one is too rich.
I really like sweet chocolate, like cadburys. I can eat it like nothing else.
thanks for the tip anyway.
samone

just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes

Postby samone » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi
I went to get weighted today, and I am really cheesed off, I have put on a pound and a half.
Not surprising really, but I am sticking to fruit rather than chocolate!
samone

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:28 pm

Ladies wen yr chocoholics I'm a crispholic hehe :lol: I know it's bad eating crisps but I'm addicted to crisps.
FIREFIGHTER

just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes

Postby samone » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi Firefighter
yes I know what you mean I love crisps as well as chocolate. Not sure that it does my cholestral much good.
i am going to try to have a bag of crisps maybe twice or three times a week.
But we shall see
samone

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:15 pm

I don't know why I eat like this, I am addicted to food n I am slowly killing myslf. I think why I do it is that I don't have control of my life n so I use the money to buy these foods n I know I am in control of that n knowone else but the other stuff I am not.
And I am at my heavyness :( .
FIREFIGHTER

been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes

Postby samone » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:55 am

Hi Firefighter
I know just what you are going through.
I also struggle with what I eat, but I do get a lot of support from my slimming world consultant.
It really is very hard to eat healthy foods, I know that , junk food tastes much nicer!
I have ups and downs, and at the moment I have been on a very big down.
I am here if you want to talk to me, I do understand what you are going through believe me.
Take care
samone
samone

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes