Long Heavy Periods

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Long Heavy Periods

Postby kazh » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:08 pm

Does anyone get long heavy periods. I am now on day 26 of my period with no signs of it stopping. It is also very clotty.
kazh

Postby Mrs Wilko » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:53 pm

I have before and did recently.... I went to my GP who gave me a course of 10 days worth of tablets that 'reset' my cycle.

I would go to your gp, especially if it's not usual for you... There's lots of reasons why it happens, but it's always good to check, especially if they can stop it for you!! (10 days worth of tablets and it stopped within a day and a half of me starting them!)
Natural surprises BFP 07/2007 and 01/2012

PCOS diet 10/2010 to 11/2011 lost 7st in total BMI down from 48 to 28
Back again to loose the weight after a break (and a baby!) 01/2013

*Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Mrs Wilko
Verity Moderator

Postby shelleyleex » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:30 pm

hello!! im new to this, i have LONG HEAVY PERIODS that can last upto 2-3 months!!!!! I was put on Provera Hormone tablets and they worked for me the first time but then got put on them again after i had finished the first batch but they didnt work so now i have been put on Mefenamic Acid tablets and teh mini pill Cerazette but only been taking them for 3 days and im still bleeding very heavy and its also very clotty too. Im hoping it starts working!!!!!
shelleyleex

re heavy periods

Postby tillypops » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:35 pm

hi there you have my sympathy i have had period that has lasted few months and no sign of stopping eventually does but still spot inbetween so not great for my energy levels or relationship but no one seems to worry or care drs useless was taking translantic acid to reduce it from gp but had to insist for it as have been fainting from bleeding and so tired
tillypops

Help

Postby AllThingsPink » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:54 am

I'm new to this board in fact this is my first posting. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 1994 but knew there was a problem before that.
I have gone through years of not having any periods at all to years of bleeding every day. When I saw this support group and read some of the threads I nearly cried cos I now know I'm not alone. I've felt so isolated for so long as no-one seems to understand what the problem is.
For the past 6 months or so I've been having bouts of terribly heavy bleeding. It's taking over my life as it just starts without warning. I can go through 8 - 10 pads in an hour. I went to see my GP and she prescibed me with Tranexamic acid - it's supposed to be 1 to 2 tablets 3 times a day but this does not help or work so I end up taking between 7 and 10 tablets in 2 to 4 hours.
The facial hair used to be the main issue for me but even that in comparison to this heavy bleeding was nothing.
I also itch like mad down below which I don't know if it is a symptom. I'm totally fed up, depressed and just about hitting rock bottom with it all.
I'm 39 now and would still really like to have children but then I think is it worth it knowing that this is not likely to happen. Should I just go to the doctor and ask for them to refer me to have my womb taken away?
Please can someone help me cos I don't know how much more I can take :cry:
AllThingsPink

Return to Other problems