New - supplement advise pls

Excess hair, hair loss, acne, skin tags etc... Discuss!

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

New - supplement advise pls

Postby Poppyted-37 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:08 pm

Hello ladies

I'm new and having a bit of a rubbish time lately. I've had pics for many years and suffered with fertility issues etc... we have 3 gorgeous kids via Ivf.

Other than excessive hair and tummy fat I've not had any other physical symptoms until now. I'm losing my hair at a ridiculous rate and have put 1.5 stone on in 12 months.

I do need to overhaul my diet and up my exercise but can anyone PLEASE recommend any supplements I should be taking? I am considering going to a pcos nutritionist as well. My confidence is at an all time low and I just need some help with where to start.

Thanks in advance

Shelley x
Poppyted-37

Re: New - supplement advise pls

Postby Hols969 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:05 am

Sadly a lot of nutritionists are not really pcos aware - generally diet wise stick to the low GI, sadly the fatter you are the worse the symptoms can become as well. I quite like the 5:2 diet as once I got my head around it it is really easy.

I am on the combined pill which does make losing weight easier and keeps the pcos symptoms at bay. If you ate the RDA you would still put on 2lb a month, so over a stone a year just by eating the same as a non pcos lady so we do need to eat considerably less just to maintain our weight as we are so efficient at storing.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Hair & Skin