5 o'clock shadow

Excess hair, hair loss, acne, skin tags etc... Discuss!

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

5 o'clock shadow

Postby michellelovesmojitos » Thu May 26, 2016 7:08 am

Hi,
Its a touchy subject but I need to ask in case anyone has any suggestions so here goes....
I have excess hair growth on my face as I'm sure alot of women with PCOS have and its getting to the point of depressing. I have had PCOS for 12 years now and its getting worse. I can tweezer it and 10 minutes later it starts to come through again! Now I can put makeup on which covers it but then after a while I have a 5 o'clock shadow and obviously people notice but have never said anything. Does anyone else have the same problem? I try to keep on top of it and have tweezers everywhere and wax the fine stuff but on my chin it comes through black and thick so I'm having to tackle it all the time and can feel it when it gets stubbly half way through the day. Does anyone have any idea for a cream or treatment I could try to make it less obvious? Any help would be grateful. Thank you
michellelovesmojitos

Re: 5 o'clock shadow

Postby Hols969 » Mon May 30, 2016 10:25 am

Oh yes the lovely 5 o'clock shadow!! I've had laser and it's the only thing that gets rid if it. I often though it looks like black heads - sk:n do 30% off for pcos ladies and interest free credit too - after the first session it made a huge difference
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby michellelovesmojitos » Tue May 31, 2016 7:46 pm

Thank you, I was contemplating this option. I think I'll look into it this week, I was hoping there was something I could apply every day but rooting around the internet has brought up nothing. :x
michellelovesmojitos

Postby Hols969 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:49 am

There is a cream that slows down the growth called vaniqa but it's quite expensive so gp's often don't mention it, it takes quite a while to make an obvious difference- laser really was the best thing I ever did, expensive but really worth it as facial hair is so confidence zapping
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby fish_biscuits » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:56 pm

I've been doing some research on what the best kind of laser treatment is for sufferers of PCOS. So far I've found that laser is better than IPL but I'm interested to know about the effectiveness of VPL. If I ask at any given salon or clinic they'll just recommend whichever treatment they offer so I'm not sure where to look?
fish_biscuits

Return to Hair & Skin