Excessive Hair Growth - HELP

Excess hair, hair loss, acne, skin tags etc... Discuss!

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Excessive Hair Growth - HELP

Postby Emm4 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:39 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some guidance or something - I have had pcos of many years but only diagnosed it last year in the meantime weight has piled on, and so has the hair - I don't just have this on my face like most, I have it on my chest, breasts, tummy, back, buttocks and I'm really struggling with this so much. I'm currently on Metformin and recently been placed on Lizinna after taking Dianette for a year as it didn't work for my periods.

Anyone else in the same boat that can help or point me in the right direction - some days I get so down it makes me feel like not being here anymore :(

Thanks in advance
Emma
Emm4

Re: Excessive Hair Growth - HELP

Postby Hols969 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:35 pm

Is Lizinna a combined pill as well ? The only thing really is laser if you are light skinned, dark haired, the difference it has made to my life is unbelievable (had it done about 6 years ago). SK:N do a discount for pcos ladies and interest free credit as well. I wish I had had it done in my early 30's not late 30's. You do need to maintain it though as it is not permanent (I havent had it done for about 3 years now and could do with a top up really.

Try your GP as well as you can get it on the NHS (you do have to fight for it though) but a few ladies have managed to get it, whereas others are told, like me, that it is cosmetic - I wish it was just cosmetic but is hugely damaging to your self esteem.

One thing I would say is people dont notice it as much as we do...
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Hair & Skin