Help please!!

Excess hair, hair loss, acne, skin tags etc... Discuss!

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Help please!!

Postby Murphy25 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:19 am

Hiya

I was diagnosed with pcos about a year ago but Drs said they were unsure because I am not overweight

However, I know I do have pcos as I have bad acne, and seem to be getting hairier face, plus other symptoms

I have recently gone on to Yasmin contraceptive pill, but it is too soon to tell if that is working yet or not.

My main concern is diet, I eat a very healthy diet with lots of veg, fruit, and whole foods, but my downfall is chocolate/sweets! I have awful cravings for chocolate and I am really struggling to give it up.

I know that the sugar has an effect on my acne, it is always much more red the day or so after I have had a chocolate binge, and much less red if I manage to go a couple of days without it.

The thought of giving it up, even if I just stop it ALL the time, perhaps only saving it for special occasions, makes me feel really upset and I dread it!

Ideally, I would love to only have it on special occasions (bday, Xmas, out for dinner etc) but I can't seem to do it.

The other thing I have tried is only having a tiny bit every day, but I just want more and more and more. I really binge on these kinds of foods.

Please can someone help me? I really need to sort this out I feel like I've got a problem!

Thank you all! Xx
Murphy25

Re: Help please!!

Postby Hols969 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:56 pm

ooh the sweet stuff ... it is really difficult to cut it out and takes about 3 weeks for the craving to disappear. I have done it and no longer crave choc (but still have some). Some pcos ladies are slender so sounds like your GP is rather clueless on PCOS!!

Have you tried moving to the Green and Blacks chocolate as you cant have so much (I love cadburys and have no issue eating a large bar in one go) but to wean yourself off it I would go to chocolate that is healthier and where you dont gorge on it so much (I cant with G&B)
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Hair & Skin