PCOS has gone but I still have excess hair?

Excess hair, hair loss, acne, skin tags etc... Discuss!

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

PCOS has gone but I still have excess hair?

Postby Litlighthouse » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi. After 20 years of having PCOS, being overweight, having excess hair on my chin and lower face and having fertility issues despite regular periods, I recently had an ultrasound and was told all the PCOS has now disappeared. So weird. My main issue is that the hair is still present and still growing. I am a little overweight. I am 41. Does anyone know if now that I am clear of PCOS, will the hair continue to grow?
Litlighthouse

Re: PCOS has gone but I still have excess hair?

Postby wrigglepup » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:37 pm

Hiya
I think they do come and go as they are a symptom of pcos and not the cause, pcos is an endocrine disorder as in its hormonal.
Xx
wrigglepup

Re: PCOS has gone but I still have excess hair?

Postby Hols969 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:39 am

Yes the cysts are only a symptom and not the cause as wrigglepup says and can come and go, it is a hormone imbalance (men can have pcos as well so definitely not ovary related which consideration is being done now about changing the name of the condition as it is so misleading).

If you can afford it go for laser - I am 46 now and had laser about 6 years ago now and it is the best thing I ever did as the beard has gone, it does need maintaining for life though and you will need more sessions than they say, but I havent had laser now for about 2 years and could do with a top up as a few of the goaty ones are coming back. SK:N do a 30% discount for pcos ladies and interest free credit - just 6 sessions will change your life - sounds ridiculous really but it truly has mine as I am no longer self conscious of my face.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Hair & Skin