Horrible spots - help

Excess hair, hair loss, acne, skin tags etc... Discuss!

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Horrible spots - help

Postby Beck » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:35 am

Over the past 6 months I have started getting awful spots on my chin and jawline, as well as excess hair. So, like most people, I googled what could be causing it. The diagnosis - a hormone imbalance. After reading up on PCOS I was convinced this is what I had - meeting the majority of the symptoms. So last week I went to my GP and she agreed that PCOS seemed likely. However my blood test results showed only slightly raised testosterone and so PCOS was dismissed. Obviously I was pleased not to be diagnosed however my GP offered no other explanation and no solution.
I can deal with the hair, irregular periods, etc but the spots are really getting me down. I never had spots as a teenager and now as a 30 year old my face is a mess. Can anyone recommend a good cream or anything that will help?
I cant go on the pill as I am trying to get pregnant.
I am already on metformin for type 2 diabetes (which developed after a 5 stone weight loss! - another symptom of PCOS?!)
Should I go back to my GP?

Any advice would be welcome.
Beck

Re: Horrible spots - help

Postby wrigglepup » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:00 am

Hi Beck,
Maybe you should go back to the doctors, I can't remember having a blood test for any hormones, they just sent me for a ultrasound and fasting blood sugar test. I have had trouble with spots in the past, since I changed to cerezett/cerezell pills the spots seem to have gone.
wrigglepup

Return to Hair & Skin