Anyone had laser hair removal on NHS?

Excess hair, hair loss, acne, skin tags etc... Discuss!

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Anyone had laser hair removal on NHS?

Postby gracie83 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:10 pm

I have being going backwards and forwards to my GP about my PCSO symptoms as it is driving me mad to just ignore them and let things get worse.

On my most recent visit, my GP is referring me to a Dermatologist for laser hair removal. Now I thought this was something the NHS did not provide. I know some places will give PCOS discounts but not free laser surgery on the NHS. I know the dermatologist will look at me and say the problem is not bad enough for help (I think it is bad but compared to pictures I have seen of PCOS body hair - I really do not have it that bad!) However keeping the dream alive - has anyone had this on the NHS? (I am/was slowly saving for laser hair but it gets rather expensive when you are doing pretty much the entire body!)
gracie83

Re: Anyone had laser hair removal on NHS?

Postby tottielou » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:34 am

Old thread I know - there are laser hair removal machines in Tesco at the moment - £250.00

I've never heard of it being done on the NHS, how did you get one? Did you manage to get it done?
tottielou

Return to Hair & Skin