Problems with hair matting...

Excess hair, hair loss, acne, skin tags etc... Discuss!

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Problems with hair matting...

Postby GeraldineB » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:00 am

Hi all,

This is a bit of a weird one, but I wondered whether anyone else had this issue, and so whether anyone had any advice.

Last year, my hair thinned and began coming out. Since then, a change in diet and exercise has led my hair to grow back, not as thick as it was before, but thick enough that I'm happy with it. The problem I seem to be having now, which is driving me nuts, is that my hair now mats like crazy! I have curly hair, and I use a comb rather than a brush, as I should. I also never brush it when it is wet, following advice from my hairdresser that this is when it's at it's weakest (and a lot did used to come out when I combed it after washing it, thinking I was doing the right thing...) But an hour or so after I've combed it and made it look nice, I can find knots in it, and these increase throughout the day. It's driving me mad as I'm worried that people will think I'm a tramp who doesn't brush my hair! It's never happened before, so I'm convinced it must be related to the regrowth.

Has anyone else ever faced this issue, and if so, do you have any tips?
GeraldineB

Return to Hair & Skin