lymecycline

Excess hair, hair loss, acne, skin tags etc... Discuss!

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

lymecycline

Postby Naomi23 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:27 pm

Has any one had any success with lymecycline??

I've had acne on my chin for over a year now, started as a few pimples and now much worse, it just won't clear up. I've already tried zinyert, dianette, witch hazel, duac.

I'm also thinking of starting yazmin. Will a combined attack from yazmin, the antibiotics and duac help me see some improvement? It's really getting me down. Loosing all hope......

Naomi :)
Naomi23

Re: lymecycline

Postby DoctorWho » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:35 pm

I'm not sure what lymecycline is, but I think the Yazmin might help you--it has some Spironolactone in it, which can be good for clearing up acne.

KEEP IN MIND that with Spironolactone (in Yazmin or by itself, usually around 50mg/day for acne and 200mg/day for hirsutism), there's often an initial period where the acne is worse. You need to stick with it 2-3 months to see if it's actually making a difference... I'm taking it for hirsutism, but about 2 weeks after I'd started, I got a bit of acne and freaked out. Luckily I stuck with it, because it then went away and my skin has been flawless since... The hirsutism is diminishing more slowly, but Spiro is supposed to be really helpful for acne if you give it a proper chance. Good luck!
DoctorWho

Re: lymecycline

Postby Naomi23 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:09 pm

Thanks for getting back to me.

I also suffer from excess hair which seems to be worsening quite rapidly. I've always had some hair but it is getting much worse. I seem to notice more each week. Would you recommend spiro?
Naomi23

Return to Hair & Skin