Laser or IPL - which is better for hormonal facial hair?

Excess hair, hair loss, acne, skin tags etc... Discuss!

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Laser or IPL - which is better for hormonal facial hair?

Postby scrini » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi all,

First post here! After stopping the Pill, my facial hair has come back with a vengeance, so I'm looking into getting some form of hair removal treatment.

Would anyone be able to tell me which is better for hormonal facial hair, Laser or IPL? I have Middle Eastern skin (with black hair).

Any advice appreciated!
scrini

Re: Laser or IPL - which is better for hormonal facial hair?

Postby Hols969 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:53 pm

Neither are permanent so u do need to maintain it. They are both as good as each other according to the verity experts but I personally think laser is better, I'm olive skinned with dark hair. The average for facial hair is not 6 as they suggest but closer to 15 so it's not cheap but actually well worth it in my opinion !!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby fish_biscuits » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:59 pm

I've been doing some research on what the best kind of laser treatment is for sufferers of PCOS. So far I've found that laser is better than IPL but I'm interested to know about the effectiveness of VPL. If I ask at any given salon or clinic they'll just recommend whichever treatment they offer so I'm not sure where to look?
fish_biscuits

Postby Hols969 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:52 pm

Not heard of VPL I am afraid. They are constantly changing, originally ipl wasnt as good as laser but it is now so VPL may be better. I went to a laser clinic that had 4 different lasers as I wanted them to use what was right for me rather than just going with what they had (so actually had 2 of one sort and then 1 of two other sorts).
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby phoenix15 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:09 am

Hols969, sorry to jump in on this thread but I've tried to send you a pm but its not going into my sent box. You probably have lots of sent messages now and I'm too daft to notice ha. Anyway reply if you can OK. Thanks. P.
phoenix15

Return to Hair & Skin