Acne

Excess hair, hair loss, acne, skin tags etc... Discuss!

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: Acne

Postby Mrs_T » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:37 pm

I used to suffer with severe acne and through my teenage years I was prescribed many different types of antibiotics and I ended up taking Roaccutane. It did work to clear my skin but dried it out and there are concerns about links with depression so I would only consider this as a last resort.

I found that improving my diet had a massive impact in improving my skin and other PCOS symptoms, mainly cutting out processed food and sugar. I've also taken various supplements and the one that seemed to make the biggest difference is magnesium, and since taking it alongside diet changes I haven't had any major flare ups.

I also use the oil cleansing method to clean my face which i've found to be amazing, when I used to use a medicated cleanser in the evening my skin would be oily the next morning but by using oil you're not stripping the skin of it's natural oils and resulting in overproduction of oil. There's some good info here http://www.crunchybetty.com/nitty-gritt ... ing-method. I mix up a mixture of castor oil, almond oil and jojoba oil but worth playing around to find out what suits.
Mrs_T

Postby courtneyjade1 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:08 am

Has anyone used Skin Accumax pills?
courtneyjade1

Postby Naomi23 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:39 pm

I have acne on my chin, around mouth...seems to be slowly spreading along jaw line. What I want to know is if androgens are causing the spots here are they also stimulating the hair follicles? i.e. Will I start getting dark hair on chin and jawline soon? I have some excess hair on my breasts and stomach but not a huge amount. None on the face yet.
Naomi23

Previous

Return to Hair & Skin