Anyone in the Dudley, Stourbridge area, West Midlands?

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Anyone in the Dudley, Stourbridge area, West Midlands?

Postby llawrence » Thu May 01, 2014 9:06 pm

Hi,
I am hoping I am not alone in the Dudley area? I live in kingswinford, from what I can see, it does not look like there are any groups locally? Looking to start a group if there any responses, open to ideas and suggestions re: structure of the group, I was thinking along the lines of meeting for coffee? Drinks? And to share experiences that way?

A little about me:
I am 28, diagnosed with pcos approx 10 years ago, initially went to docs with irregular periods, scan confirmed pcos. Now trying to conceive almost 12 months now, emotionally already finding things difficult, feel as though we may have a long journey ahead of us, really feel as though setting up a support group will help to distract myself and others and give the opportunity to share experiences. So far have had 3 cycles since coming off contraception 16 months ago. Myself and my husband are due to see the doc the 15th if this month, so hoping for a referral after my husband has been tested.

Look forward to your responses.

Best wishes
Laura
llawrence

Re: Anyone in the Dudley, Stourbridge area, West Midlands?

Postby StephieMoo » Fri May 22, 2015 9:42 am

Hi Laura,

Hoping you're still active on here as this post was about a year ago...
I'm from the Dudley area, I have been diagnosed with PCOS in January this year.
Initially went to the doctors about irregular periods, and after a year of blood tests and gynaecology visits, my doctor said it was PCOS. Had an internal scan but showed no cysts, and I don't really have a hormone imbalance, but i do have I have several other symptoms of PCOS which is why my doctor said this is my diagnosis.
My partner and I have been told to try for another year to conceive, otherwise we will be sent for fertility treatment/more investigations in January 2016.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Steph x
StephieMoo

Re: Anyone in the Dudley, Stourbridge area, West Midlands?

Postby Democrazy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi, I'm in DY8 if anyone's interested in chatting. 29yrs, diagnosed more than ten years ago, looking to lose weight mostly.
-Originally on Metformin 1700mg & Dianette for lack of periods, weight loss and skin from 2005-2012
- Concentrating on low GI diet and weight loss
- Conceived naturally 2014
Democrazy

Return to Verity Local Groups