GROUP MANCHESTER

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: GROUP MANCHESTER

Postby GeraldineB » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:54 am

Hi ladies,

Sorry for the last minute notice but I think we're going to have to call today off! Tammy isn't feeling very well and I must admit that I'm not either, although I was going to plough through it. Tammy can't though as she's lost her voice!

Hopefully this last minute change doesn't inconvenience anyone too much. We really need to sort something out soon!

Have a lovely weekend everyone x
GeraldineB

Postby GeraldineB » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:38 pm

Just been sent this by my sister. I've just filled the form in and I don't qualify but it's £1,200 if you're accepted so it's worth filling in the form!

https://www.quintilesclinicaltrials.co. ... tent=CopyA
GeraldineB

Postby GeraldineB » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:45 pm

Hi Geraldine,

Hope your well and had a nice weekend. Just wanted to fill you in with up and coming promotions within the salon...

We have a promotion coming up in March which is for 50% off IPL. Now this is normally only for a week, but we are running for the whole of march so I wanted to get you and your ladies involved within this.

We would like to either have the ladies at the salon or we could come and attend one of your meetings, either during or before march.

We have great results with our permanent hair reduction and would love to help more people out and make changes!

Let me know if this is something you would be interested in doing.

Thank you,
Charlotte, Saks hair and beauty Cheadle.
GeraldineB

Postby GeraldineB » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:44 pm

Right, ladies, shall we try and arrange another meet up? Charlotte, from Saks, would like to come to our next meeting and talk about the deals she's offering at her salon. That is throughout March, I think, so shall we try and sort something soon? Anyone care to offer any dates? x
GeraldineB

Postby Jojo83 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:25 am

Hi, just wondering if the Manchester Ladies are planning another meet?

Not been on this site for over a year as I finally fell pregnant (clomid) and had a gorgeous baby boy who has just turned one. Only problem now is the PCOS symptoms seem to be resurfacing all at once - I'd actually forgot how bad it affected my emotions! Only found out about PCOS before pregnancy so haven't a clue what works to control the emotional side of the hormone missbalance - clomid did this wonderfully but can't take that. Plus I'm still breast feeding so really can't take anything, so looking for an understanding ear really. Hubbie is ace but doesn't really know what to say. He's starting to think its postnatal depression but I know its just really bad PMS due to PCOS. I can keep my head straight most days but the crying this last week has been uncontrollable.

Going to try my GP who I know knows nothing about PCOS as he admitted it when he finally diagnosed it so hoping he can refer me somewhere. Do any Manchester ladies see anyone to help manage PCOS?

Thx
Sam
Jojo83

Postby GeraldineB » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:16 am

Hi Sam,

First of all, congratulations on your beautiful baby! Secondly, you have my sympathies re: feeling like you're hormonally out of control. It must be hard to cope with post-pregnancy hormones and PCOS re-rearing its' ugly head!

A couple of things which might help:

- go to Holland and Barrett and ask for a consultation. I did this recenty, and described my symptoms- hair thinning and crazy hormones- and the assistant there was brilliant, really understanding and recommended quite a bit of useful stuff

- I know this will be hard when you're breastfeeding, but think about changing your diet. I bought the PCOS diet book by Colette Harris and went through it and made a spreadsheet (geek!) of all the things she recommends to eat which I will actually eat. Now I've changed to brown carbs only, sweet potato rather than normal potato, eating nuts and seeds each day, oily fish twice a week, cut caffeine down to two cups a day (I can't do without it altogether!) and cut down alcohol (I now do one drink on, one drink off). All of this has had an effect on my mood

- a couple of months ago I was put on antidepressants by my doctor- again, not an option if you're breastfeeding- but he also put me on a course of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy at the Zion Centre in Hulme, through Manchester Self-help Services. This really has been incredibly helpful for me, as it teaches you to remap your thinking patterns- I now find it much easier to identify a PCOS-hormone-induced irrational thought and behaviour and to talk myself out of it!

- come to a meeting! We've been totally rubbish at getting this sorted but hopefully we'll sort one out soon. Are you on the Facebook group? Search for Verity Manchester or follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1431752 ... rk_t=group

x
GeraldineB

Postby GeraldineB » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:16 am

Ladies, could anyone do Saturday 22nd March for our first official meet up? x
GeraldineB

Postby GeraldineB » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:06 pm

Just so all you ladies know, we have re-arranged the first Verity Manchester meeting for Saturday 22nd March, midday, in Manchester City Centre. Hopefully Charlotte, the lady from SAKS salon will be there to talk to us about the promotions her salon has on offer for us. Hope to see you all there x
GeraldineB

Postby brandy queen » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:35 pm

Glad the Manchester meet is up and running I live in Manchester too
brandy queen

Postby GeraldineB » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Hi Brandy Queen! (excellent name, btw!)

Come and join us for our first meet up :-) I'm hoping Charlotte from the SAKS salon will be able to come too, to talk to us about the promotional offers.

x
GeraldineB

Postby GeraldineB » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi ladies,

Just a reminder that we are- hopefully- having our first Verity Manchester meeting on Saturday 22nd March, starting at midday, somewhere in Manchester City Centre. We've not decided where to go yet, but it will be some sort of coffee shop. I'll be in touch with Charlotte from SAKS and see if she can some along.

Hope to see lots of you there!

Geraldine x
GeraldineB

Postby GeraldineB » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Does this place look OK for our meet up on Saturday? I've been before and it's very nice x

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/teacup-manchester-2
GeraldineB

Postby GeraldineB » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:29 am

Lustral/ Sertraline.

Has anyone ever taken them? I did for about six months, then had a phased withdrawal (one every other day) which ended a fortnight ago. Since then, I've felt incredibly tired and seem to have had a lot of headaches. This could be coincidence (e.g. I've been on during that time and I always get a migraine then!) but I seem to be unnaturally tired and I don't tend to get this many headaches. Unnatural tiredness was one of the symptoms of depression I displayed before I went on the Lustral.

Just wondered whether anyone else has ever been through anything similar, and whether anyone has any tips or advice?

Thanks ladies!

x
GeraldineB

Postby GeraldineB » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:39 pm

Diet and healthy eating.

Hi all,

Just wondered whether or not, and if so, how, people have tried to make their diet PCOS friendly. I bought 'The PCOS Diet Book' by Colette Harris and made a list of all the foods she suggested are good to eat, that I actually will eat, and try to use them in my cooking.

I've cut out white carbs in favour of brown, swapped potatoes for sweet potatoes, eat seeds every day, have Omega 3 and 6 oil pretty much every day. I've also tried to change my eating habits so that I eat little and often, rather than three big meals a day, to avoid insulin spikes.

I found it all very stressful at first but it's becoming second-nature now, although I do have the occassional slip...

I just wondered what other people's experiences are, whether you have any tips, or most importantly, any recipes....
GeraldineB

Postby GeraldineB » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:03 am

Looking forward to seeing everyone, 12:30 onwards, Cafe North near Shudehill. I'll have a purple Verity folder on the table. It's a bit like a blind date! x
GeraldineB

PreviousNext

Return to Verity Local Groups