GROUP DORSET

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

GROUP DORSET

Postby tweety » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Hello Ladies,
I have some GREAT news, there is now a group up and running covering South Dorset! I have volunteered to be the group leader and this has been accepted by Verity.
As Dorset is a large geographical area and impossible for me to cover all of the county the South Dorset group will initially cover Weymouth, Portland & Dorchester. I aim to create additional groups within Dorset to cover North Dorset, East Dorset, West Dorset, Poole & Bournemouth at a later date through help of other ladies living in these areas. Ladies from ALL areas of Dorset are welcome to attend the South Dorset group meetings.
The first meeting for the South Dorset group will be Wednesday 28th August 2013 from 7-9pm in the function room of The Waverley Arms Pub, 121 Abbotsbury Rd, Weymouth DT4 0JX.
Please let me know if you can attend so i have an idea of numbers and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Karen. :)
tweety

Re: GROUP DORSET

Postby tweety » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:30 pm

I have noticed a lot of lovely ladies have read this post but as yet i have had no replies. :( I understand living with symptoms of PCOS can be hard and embarrasing however i also STRONGLY believe we can help each other feel better through spending time with fellow cysters. If you are reading this post and even have the smallest thought about coming along to a meeting then PLEASE DO! I will be at venue (as above) from the time specified and i promise i am no supermodel and don't judge anyone. Let's help each other feel better and have a lovely introduction meeting. :) PLEASE do pm me or reply to this thread if you would like to come but have questions/concerns etc...and i will reply x
tweety

Postby tweety » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Next meeting is on Thursday 26th September 2013 7:30-9:30pm @ Charlestown Victory Hall, Putton Lane, Weymouth, DT3 4AA.
Also have a Facebook page now for the Dorset group, link as follows;
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Veritys- ... 0973459099
tweety

Postby Littlekitten86 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:40 am

Hi Kare

I am just wondering how many members this group has as there arent any posts, i live in Somerset but Weymouth is closer to me than Bristol.

Em
Littlekitten86

Postby tweety » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi Em,
Welcome to the Dorset group.The Dorset group is still getting off the ground. Currently there are a couple of members inc myself. I am very proactive in publicizing the group so it's a case of perseverance. I am confident in time the group will grow. Would you be interested in meeting up when i organise the next meeting? x
tweety

Postby tweety » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi all, the next group meeting is on Wed 27th November @ The Royal Oak (aka spoons) Dorchester 7-9pm, pm me for info on free parking nearby if you can attend.
Address of The Royal Oak is 21-22 High West Street, Dorchester, DT1 1UW. :P New ladies always welcome. x
tweety

Postby Littlekitten86 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:20 pm

Went to my first Dorset group today, was lovely to see you all, cant wait for the group to really get going. Friendly, supportive, relaxed ladies who had such a laugh. Great fundraising ideas, cant wait to get involved!!

My sister came with me, she was quite nervous and said before we got there 'i wont say much, il just sit and listen' within 5 mins she was chatting away!! She felt really welcome and put at ease :lol:

Come along to our next meeting!! :)

xx
Littlekitten86

Postby tweety » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Hi all, the next group meeting is on Wed 19th March @ The Royal Oak (aka spoons) Dorchester 7:30pm-9:30pm, pm me for info on free parking nearby if you can attend.
Address of The Royal Oak is 21-22 High West Street, Dorchester, DT1 1UW. :P New ladies always welcome. x
tweety

Postby misswoowar » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:35 pm

Hello, I was wondering if the Dorset group is still meeting?
misswoowar

Postby jessrocks07 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:26 pm

Hi I would love to know the same, i would love to have a catch up and meet new faces.
jessrocks07

Return to Verity Local Groups