Sheffield and South Yorkshire

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Sheffield and South Yorkshire

Postby Katy85 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi

Have we got any Sheffield and south Yorkshire ladies? i'm looking to set up a local group to meet up every other month maybe and looking into getting guest speakers, so i know a dietitian who may do a talk and i've got a gynecologist whose also interested.

Looking to meet up in August or September, maybe at Meadowhall?!?

Katy :-)
Katy85

Re: Sheffield and South Yorkshire

Postby Katy85 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:42 pm

Anybody looking to meet up at the end of August? Can be informal just getting to know people in the area

Katy
Katy85

Postby ChezzaC » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:20 pm

Hi Katy

I'm based in Lincoln and just joined this forum. Have you had any response? I would be interested in meeting! Looking for some help/advice regarding diet and fertility we have been ttc for 4 years now and the advice my GP has given is too lose weight easier said than done!!

Cheryl
ChezzaC

Postby Katy85 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi

I've not had any other responses but I'm not sure if any locals look online. I met with a couple of women approx 5 or so years ago from Rotherham but not seen/heard from them for ages! May advertise in the local gyny hospital
Katy85

Postby jodieemily » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:55 am

Hi! i live in sheffield! just been in hospital with ?appendix! quite a shock to find out its possibly PCOS! my scan was consistent with pcos and i have everything except hirutism so im having a blood test today to check my hormones! Joy!! I'd definitely be interested in joining a group just for support and advice! not TTC just yet but its something me and my partner will be thinking about in the not too distant future so im sure much support will be needed then!!
jodieemily

Postby happytinsers » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi ladies,

just joined and feeling quite helpless here in Sheffield. I am originally from Germany, 31 yrs old and was diagnosed this summer. I did not know anything about PCOS before that and I am kinda overwhelmed by this new information about myself. I do not know where to go or what to do to get any form of treatment. Could you tell me what you are doing? Which doctors to approach? In Germany I would normally just go to my obgyn (who in my case failed to properly diagnose me last year when I first went to him) but here the system seems to be different.

I am all confused and scared. PCOS might explain my current weight situation, unwanted hair growth on my chin and upper lip, irreg periods, heavy periods, failed IUD implantation last winter and whole lotta things. I am just scared now. So, if I will take any info I can get from y'all.

Thank you
happytinsers

Return to Verity Local Groups