GROUP COVENTRY

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

GROUP COVENTRY

Postby tatie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Brand new group. Please register your initial interest here and then watch this space!

My name on the discussion boards is Tatie - you may have met me on the IVF thread a few years back. I'm 46 now and my ttc journey is over but includes chapters on clomid, IVF, adoption and accepting childlessness. I can pretty much empathise with anything you might be going through and hopefully others will join us to share our stories.

Beyond that, I'm currently following Slimming World having hit a new all time weight high. Facial hair gets my next vote as things that I find tricky and I'm still not convinced that the depression I've suffered over the years isn't related to PCOS.

I think Verity is the bees knees. Love the discussion boards and am a paid up member. I once wrote an article for In Touch magazine and am in one of the videos on the website somewhere! I attend annual conference if I can and have read, and am happy to lend or sell on, every book about PCOS ever written - including some pretty awful ones! As I work in a school I do an assembly each summer for our girls aged 16/17 which I truly believe results in at least one youngster getting the diagnosis she needs - not from me but by acting on the information they find out.

Already have two members but we haven't met as a group. Really hope our trio can turn into a throng over the summer. Meetings are likely to be Saturday morning coffee either in my garden or a coffee shop in town. I live in Meriden.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Tatie xXx
tatie

Re: GROUP COVENTRY

Postby tatie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:44 pm

Group going from strength to strength already. We have our own Private Facebook group where we are getting to know each other. If you register an interest, I'll invite you to join me as a friend on FB and add you to the group if you would like.

Exciting times here in the city of the sky blues!
tatie

Postby tatie » Mon May 06, 2013 12:01 pm

First meeting in Coventry on Saturday was fab. Got to meet a Verity discussion board chum after years chatting on the boards. Newbie there too. We met at the new Asda in Binley - two of us didn't even know it existed so not only a great Verity support meet but new shopping opportunity too!

If you'd like to join us next time, please post here xXx
tatie

Postby Klaassy Kat » Thu May 09, 2013 8:08 am

Hi there Tatie

Thanks for the invite. I'd love to contribute! I'll reply to your private message with my FB details.

Katie
Diagnosed 2002.

TTC since July 2007.
1500mg Metformin daily since Oct 2008.
Acupuncture started Nov 2008.

Klaassy Kat

Postby tatie » Sun May 12, 2013 8:27 am

Are doing the Walk for life on June 30th at Stoneleigh Park.

Contact us here for details of our Facebook group.

Tatie xXx
tatie

Postby Lux812 » Tue May 21, 2013 11:25 am

Hello,
I'd be really interested in coming along. it would be nice to meet other people who understand :)
I'll PM you

Laura
Lux812

Postby tatie » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:41 pm

Anyone local enough to Coventry and interested in participating in a research trial that addresses the underlying metabolic issues behind PCOS? Please PM me - they are desperately short of volunteers and the study seems very worthwhile to me.

Fingers crossed I can generate some interest.

Kate
tatie

Postby tatie » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:53 pm

So - our little group is going well. Monthly coffee meet ups and a good cross section of PCOS experience shared on our private Facebook group. Drop me a line if you'd like to get in touch with PCOS ladies in and around Coventry - we so far range from Meriden to Rugby!
tatie

Postby louisec88 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi Tatie, I think I'm currently on the trial you're talking about. The Liraglutide injection? Through UHCW?
Is anyone else on this at the moment?

Louise x
louisec88

Postby tatie » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:35 pm

That's the one Louise. How's it going?

Are you local to Cov? Want to join our Facebook group? We are meeting up at Memorial park cafe on July 26th at 10.30 xXx
tatie

Postby tatie » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Camila - have you posted this in the right place hon?
tatie

Postby camila » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:33 am

I think I'm currently on the trial you're talking about. The Liraglutide injection? Through UHCW?..........M.........
camila

Postby tatie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:35 pm

That's the one Camilla. How are you finding it?
tatie

Postby tatie » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:07 pm

Our group are meeting for a Christmas get together this weekend - do let me know if you'd like to come along xXx
tatie

Postby Cinnamon Girl » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:13 pm

Hey all

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead but if the Coventry group still meets, I'd love to pop along? I was diagnosed yesterday.

Many thanks.
Cinnamon Girl

Next

Return to Verity Local Groups