GROUP LONDON

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: GROUP LONDON

Postby m_hutchi » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone here would be interested in taking part in a photographic project (portraiture/documentary) about PCOS. I am in London often, currently based in Devon though.
It would seem anyone without PCOS isn't aware of it, and I would like to try and shed some light on the subject as someone with PCOS. - A funny way to come to terms with it, I know.

I am a photographer and it would be great to meet some fellow "soul cycsters" as I see them being called through this project!

If you're even slightly interested and willing, I would love to hear from you through the PM system where I'll send you my website and we can talk further!

Meg
m_hutchi

Postby brooke » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:37 am

Hi

I have just been diagnosed with PCO and would like to come along to a meeting if I can. I don't know anyone with the condition and feel very alone
brooke

Postby alice » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:51 pm

Hello,

Just wondering if there were any meet ups in the london area?
alice

Postby Krissy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:06 pm

Hello all,

Next meeting is on Saturday 27th (Next saturday) at Ev Cafe, 97-99 Isabella Street, Waterloo (although nearest train station is Southwark!)

full details can be found on the event page of the closed group on facebook or DM me for more details, there willb e quite a few first timers attending, we]ve had no more than 6 at any one meeting so far so please come along and think of it like an informal chat with friends!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/536925503006601/

See you all soon
Krissy x
London Local Group Leader
Verity Volunteer
Krissy

Postby Krissy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:07 pm

Also apologies for the lack of replies as of late I don't seem to be receiving emails when people post lately :/
Verity Volunteer
Krissy

Postby brooke » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi ladies

I am gutted to see I missed a meeting this weekend as I was at a wedding.
I want to join the Facebook group so I hear about more meetings.

I'm worried though - will my Facebook friends see that I have joined? I don't want people knowing such a personal thing....
brooke

Postby Krissy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:09 am

Hi Brooke,

It is a closed group that you must request to join, if you are not in the group you can't see who is in it. I've even created a banner for the group to stop people's pictures coming up in the place where a banner would normally appear.

Krissy
Verity Volunteer
Krissy

Postby brooke » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:22 am

Hi Krissy

I had a quick look yesterday and I can see the group members without being a part of it? All I did was click on the link from this forum and I see about 20 names and faces

Also will others be able to just see the name of the group if they can see the banner? I guess so. Sorry just very sensitive about it at the moment. Think I will stick to just coming on here to find out info!
brooke

Postby Krissy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:39 am

Hey,

I thought I had stopped that by having the banner put up, which is annoying as I may have to make it a secret group which will make it harder to join.

Fair enough, just make sure you have the subscribed box checked at the bottom of the page so you receive all notifications.

Krissy
Verity Volunteer
Krissy

Postby RAH » Fri May 03, 2013 11:13 am

Hi ladies, just to let you all know that the London conference is now up on the website... you can check out all the sessions (and there's lots!) and register on the website: http://www.verity-pcos.org.uk/events/london_2013

Hope to see lots of the London Local Group there!
Rachel Hawkes
Verity - The PCOS Self Help Group
Chair | Trustee
E: chair@verity-pcos.org.uk

Check out our blog http://blog.verity-pcos.org.uk
Join Verity on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/veritypcos
Tweet Verity on Twitter http://twitter.com/veritypcos
Watch our videos on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/veritypcos

* Unless otherwise stated, my views do not represent the official views, position and standing of Verity
RAH
Verity Admin

Postby Krissy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Hello all!

Next meeting is going to be on Saturday 15th June at our usual haunt, Ev Cafe and Delicatessan (nearest station is Southwark, turn left out the station and then left again just before the bridge and it's at the end on the right). Meeting time is set to 2pm.

Also as it was pointed out before that people could see who was in the facebook group without being a part of it, I have now made the facebook group secret. If you would like to join please send me a private message and we'll sort it out.

Hope to see you all there
Krissy
Verity Volunteer
Krissy

Postby fairy dust » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Hello ladies,
Just discovered this forum and feeling very moved by people's stories and am keen to make contact face-to-face to
support one another.
I live in SE London - are there any groups running in London at the moment and if so, when is the next one?
Looking forward to being part of this community- thank goodness we have each other, the medical profession fail us miserably.
Lisa
fairy dust

Postby Krissy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Hello Lisa,

We're possibly going to be meeting on sunday 21st though this is TBC at the moment. Do you have Facebook? if i add you I can then invite you to the group.

Krissy
Verity Volunteer
Krissy

Postby Bindub21 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi,
I just wanted to find out if anyone can attend the local group meeting. I got diagnosed with PCOS and feel really down about it.
I look forward to hearing from you

Thanks
B
Bindub21

Postby NatalieD » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:52 am

Hi, I am interested in meeting up. I'm 24 and have recently been unofficially diagnosed by GP's, although self diagnosed years ago. Is there a facebook event for the next meet up or could you give me some details?

Natalie
NatalieD

PreviousNext

Return to Verity Local Groups