GROUP LONDON

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: GROUP LONDON

Postby Alexis6667 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:14 pm

Hello, can I be added to the London facebook group please? Would like to get advice on where to seek the best medical advise in London. and who I can make appointments with etc. And just generally talk to other pcos'ers etc. I was diagnosed with pcos and endometriosis 5 years ago but lately something has changed for the worst. I have been hospitalised twice in the last two months because of the excruciating abdominal pain that would not stop/go away and my anxiety has reached an all time high. Previously it was just about manageable but now it constantly feels uncomfortable even when I am not in pain and I'm so sick of living like this. I have terrible side effects from birth control- I have tried almost everyone under the sun and my GP in south london is useless and I'm not going back to him again. His latest response was that if I enjoy having sex so much I should put up with the consequences...
Alexis6667

Postby Krissy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Hello all,

The next meet up is this weekend at 2pm at our usual meeting place of Ev in Waterloo (nearest station Southwark).

This year we will be meeting every 3rd Saturday of the month and we are looking to add in some themed meetings later in the year.

If you would like to join the Facebook group please email or pm me using the links provided to the right and we'll arrange it.

Hope to see some of you on Saturday, any more questions message me :)

Krissy
London Local Group Leader
Verity Volunteer
Krissy

Postby Krissy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:59 pm

Our monthly meeting at Ev Cafe, Waterloo at 2pm. Nearest train station is Southwark (Jubilee line).

This month our very own Kirsty Wadsley will be giving us a crash course on how to get into running as a form of exercise that's free to do. She's only with us until 3pm so after that we'll be delving into our usual nattering.

If anyone would like any other specific topics covered at future meetings please do raise them.

Remember Verity is run by it's members, for it's members.

Hope to see you all there
-Krissy
Verity Volunteer
Krissy

Postby Krissy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:34 pm

March 15th 2014

Our monthly meeting at Ev Cafe, Waterloo at 2pm. Nearest train station is Southwark (Jubilee line).

No particular topics this month just chats and fun, message me if you have any questions or wish to join the secret facebook group.

Look forward to seeing you then!
-Krissy
Verity Volunteer
Krissy

Postby Sophie_Elizabeth » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:51 am

Hi,

I've just been diagnosed with PCOS and moved to London so I wondered if it would be possible for me to join the London group?

I've never met anyone (knowingly) with PCOS so would love to meet some others, and get some support.

Sophie
Sophie_Elizabeth

Postby Krissy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:02 pm

Hi all,

Due to thy fact that at last minute no one can make it this month, this afternoons meet up has had to be cancelled :(

I'll let you know Aprils date soon!

Krissy x
Verity Volunteer
Krissy

Postby Krissy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:14 pm

April 26th 2014

No particular topics this month just chats and fun, message me if you have any questions or wish to join the secret facebook group.

Look forward to seeing you then!
-Krissy
Verity Volunteer
Krissy

Postby nat29 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:03 pm

Hi is there a group in May?
I don't live in London but I'm there every few weeks and would like to join your group when it's on a weekend im in London.
Thanks
nat29

Postby Krissy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:22 am

Hi,

There will be a meet up in May. We're just confirming the day at the moment but it looks like it will be the 18th of May.

Will confirm as soon as possible.

If you want you can join the secret Facebook group too, send me a do
If you'd like too.

Krissy
Verity Volunteer
Krissy

Postby Krissy » Wed May 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Hi All,

Date confirmed as Sunday May 18th, we will be meeting at 2pm at the Ev Cafe.

Weather permitting we'll be taking a walk along the southbank around 3ish.

Please post/message me if you have any questions!
Krissy
Verity Volunteer
Krissy

Postby f4y3b » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi

I was wondering if the London group is still going?

I've had the diagnosis for a while but would really like to meet other women with it!

Thanks

Faye
f4y3b

Postby Krissy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:58 pm

Our group is still going although we largely use Facebook now. We are Verity Group London on Facebook and our next meet up is Sunday 14th September 2pm at the Ev Cafe :)

Thanks
Kristine
Verity Volunteer
Krissy

Postby Ionah » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:19 am

Hello, I'm new to verity, was diagnosed with pcos a few months back, I'm From South East London near camberwell, I'll be happy to join a group in London and meet wherever just give me a date and time :)
Ionah

Postby Cutiealex14 » Sun May 10, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi all looking to make new friends.
Cutiealex14

Previous

Return to Verity Local Groups