Reviving Local Groups

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Reviving Local Groups

Postby Sammi » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:49 am

Hello ladies,

I just wanted to let you know I am in the process of reviving the local group meetings. The success of a local group usually depends on one person being an enthusiastic leader, organising a get-together once in a while, and answering the queries of the ladies near to you wishing to attend your meetings.

Many of the once enthusiastic leaders have definitely disappeared of the face of the Earth and left many of you in limbo about who is your leader, IF there is a leader, and whether your local group still meets.

Of course, I should add there is a handful of excellent Group Leader who reply to all their enquiries and do manage successful get-togethers!

I am in the process of contacting ALL the Group Leaders I have listed, asking them to verify they are happy being a Group Leader and that they have no issues receiving messages on here and emails.

A couple of people have got back to me saying they do not want to be the Group Leader anymore. Which is absolutely fine! But it would have been better if this information had been passed onto you lot sooner so replacements can be found and the group can still meet.

Sorry this is a very long post, but I just want you to know that by Christmas I am hoping all groups will have a willing Leader, or have been appointed a new Leader. So that in the New Year everyone’s enquiries are answered swiftly and that many more get-togethers can happen all over the country. I will keep an eye on arrangements sorted on the boards and promote meetings with many Tweets and Facebook updates so as many ladies hear the message as possible.

Sammi x

p.s. If any of you have any issues regarding local groups, not having a group in your area or being unable to contact your Leader (hopefully will be resolved soon!) please email me at verityvolunteers@gmail.com
No cycle for me, male factor infertility for H. Clomid resistant.

IVF#1 July/August 2013 at Bourn Hall - 35 eggs collected, 22 fertilised and frozen due to OHSS.
FET#1 December 2013 - BFP on Christmas Day!

It's going to be alright in the end. If it's not alright it's not the end.
Sammi
Verity Admin

Postby Sammi » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:31 pm

It has come to my attention (lol at that phrase for no apparent reason, other than I sound like a teacher!) that the list of Verity Groups is terribley terribley out of date!

There will be a new one shortly with a fresh list of groups who has active leaders. Many groups have leaders who have stepped down over the years so I will also be advertising for new leaders soon ;-)
No cycle for me, male factor infertility for H. Clomid resistant.

IVF#1 July/August 2013 at Bourn Hall - 35 eggs collected, 22 fertilised and frozen due to OHSS.
FET#1 December 2013 - BFP on Christmas Day!

It's going to be alright in the end. If it's not alright it's not the end.
Sammi
Verity Admin

Postby claire butler » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi my name is Claire butler i live in Shirley and have recently been diagnosed with pcos i do not want to be a leader but I really want to come along to a meeting in Birmingham so i can meet people and talk to people who have same condition I have tried to get numbers for it but can not find one so can someone please arrange a meeting in Birmingham and let me know times and dates Obama free most days please reply
claire butler

Re: Reviving Local Groups

Postby laura.m » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi Sammi

I'm still interested in starting a Somerset group, would you be able to send me the info? I'm assuming there isn't one.x
laura.m

Postby Hols969 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:19 pm

pm me your email Laura and I can send you the general info, not that there is much, you just need to be enthusiastic and set up meetings.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby nat29 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:29 am

Hi I have recently been diagnosed with pcos and now suspected endometriosis! I would really like to go to a support group are there any in Manchester or near by? Thanks
Last edited by nat29 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nat29

Postby Hols969 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:07 am

It doesnt look as if there is one currently Nat.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby nat29 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:01 am

thanks thats a shame I hope one will be started in the near futrure.
nat29

Postby Angel Serenity » Thu May 03, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi, is there an active group in Northern Ireland? I may be interested in leading one if not as well...
Angel Serenity

Postby Hols969 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:50 pm

No there isnt, if you pm me please. Thanks
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby delphine17 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi everyone, are there still any local meeting groups in London? Would anyone be interested in starting one ?

Please let me know..
delphine17

Postby CLA » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:49 pm

there is one that still meets in the waterloo area - think the details are on the main verity website.
c
Regards

Caroline
Trustee
* Unless otherwise stated, my views do not represent the official views, position and standing of Verity
CLA
Verity Trustee

Postby nat29 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi I read in the news letter there's is a group in south Manchester that met in September, can anyone tell me where and when the group meet?
nat29

Postby babyjohners » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi all,

Introducing a new support group for East Anglia.

Our first meeting is being held at Venture Centre 2000, Bromley Road, Lawford, Manningtree, Essex CO11 2JE on Wednesday 23rd January 2013 - 7.30pm.

It will be a very informal evening with 4 guest speakers offering their advice on ways to help sufferers with the various symptoms PCOS can give you. There will be refreshments, cakes and plenty of people to chat to - so why not come along, it would be good to see you there!

Please spread the word to your fellow sufferers.

Visit our Website: http://www.pcosea.wix.com/pcosea
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/PcosEastAnglia
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/552351721448581/

Thank you.
Julie Johnson
PCOS Support Group - East Anglia
babyjohners

Postby sarah645 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:43 am

Hi by any chance is there a group in northern ireland
sarah645

Next