GROUP EAST MIDLANDS, NOTTINGHAM, DERBY

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Re: GROUP EAST MIDLANDS, NOTTINGHAM, DERBY

Postby becca » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Kate, yes maybe a bit of baby free time is a good idea, Finlay can have a couple of hours with daddy too.

I was going to text you and Jen to see if you wanted to meet up again with babies but the abs on my car is playing up so I don't fancy driving it to Leicester, locally I don't mind but not sure I trust it at 70 miles an hour! Maybe when it's fixed we can sort out another meet up? Taking the car to the garage tomorrow for the third time and I'm really hoping it can be fixed this time.
becca

Postby kate s » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:29 am

Just a quick reminder that we are meeting today at the nottingham knight pub at 3pm. All welcome. If you have not been before please do join us. I will be wearing a verity purple jumper to help you recognise me. :-) :-)
Me - 36 OH - 29
Diagnosed PCOS 2007
ttc Jan 2010
Began weight loss 19th June 2010
SA Jan 2011 good
Lost 7 stone by December 2011
Natural BFP 26/7/11 mc 10 weeks 4 days
Natural BFP 16/12/11 please stick this time
Megan Ella born 26/08/12
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/ ... weight.png
kate s

Postby kate s » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Hello to all the ladies in the East midlands. Is there still a desire to meet up? The reason I ask is that on sunday I sat and had a lovely cup of tea in the Nottingham Knight pub, the only problem was I was on my own as no-one else turned up. I am therefore reluctant to set another date for January just yet and I thought I would see if there are any ladies who would still like to meet up and talk face-to-face. If the day of the week/venue is the problem I am more than happy to organise a meet at a different time/place. I really enjoy meeting you ladies and sharing experiences and would be very sad to see this group no longer meeting. I await your responses!! :)
Me - 36 OH - 29
Diagnosed PCOS 2007
ttc Jan 2010
SA Jan 2011 good
Megan Ella born 26/08/12
kate s

Postby becca » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:07 pm

I would still love to carry on meeting up Kate. I hope we can get more ladies to join us!
becca

Postby Millievanilla88 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:41 pm

Ahhh im so sorry i ended up working that day and totally forgot, i would still really love to meet up with local people if you do decide to have another meeting, im 10dpo today so hopefully if you do meet again i might have a bun in the oven xx
Millievanilla88

Postby Millievanilla88 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:00 am

Hi ladies still wondering if you all stil meeting up? Id still like to if you are, please pm me if you want to meet for pcos support, im in Mansfield Notts x
Millievanilla88

Postby kate s » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:48 am

Hi Millievanila88. Cloudyrain who is the local group leader has disappeared from the boards for some reason and so I organised a couple of meet ups but it ended up being just me and Becca and then the last one I sat in the Nottingham Knight pub for 45 mins and no-one turned up so I am a little reluctant to organise another one. If there was lots of interest I would be happy to co-ordinate (and change venue, time, day of the week if required). So ladies of the East midlands, if you want to meet others and chat with people who understand either respond on here or pm me and I will organise something. :)
Me - 36 OH - 29
Diagnosed PCOS 2007
ttc Jan 2010
SA Jan 2011 good
Megan Ella born 26/08/12
kate s

Postby ChezzaC » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Hi

I just wondered if it would be possible to join this group as I am based in Lincoln. I'm really looking for some advice/support, I was diagnosed with PCOS about 2 years ago (I'm 32) and have been ttc for 4 years. I am taking metformin and had a regular cycle for about 5/6 months the Dr said my main 'issue' is my weight, I am morbidly obese and wondered how other people have lost weight with PCOS is there a diet plan to follow or certain foods to cut back on/stop eating? Apart from the usual :P

Thanks

Cheryl
ChezzaC

Postby funkymonkey88 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:11 pm

Hi

I am 25 years old diagnosed at 13 would love to meet up with other ladies with PCOS I live in Mansfield but go to uni in Nottingham so please let me know if this group still meets. thanks
funkymonkey88

Postby becca » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:31 pm

I'm still happy for meet ups :)
becca

Postby Emariebx » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:38 pm

Are these meet ups still going?? Or could we get one started again? Would be nice to meet other ladies in the same boat!

Xx
Diagnosed at 18 years old -2009

My past has not defined me, destroyed me, deterred me or defeated me it has only strengthened me
Emariebx

Postby CharlotteArtist » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:26 am

Hiya, I'm new here, just joined as me and my friend are really interested in setting up a Nottingham city centre PCOS support group. I was diagnosed when I was 16 (now 29) currently going through fertility treatment and really want to get together with other women who know what it's like living with PCOS and share experiences, and help people who are newly diagnosed get to grips with things. Is there still interest in a local group?
CharlotteArtist

Postby louisec88 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:47 pm

Hi, I'm new here & I'm really hoping there is a Leicester group somewhere?

I've been diagnosed for many years & now 26. Feel quite alone sometimes with pcos as none of my friends have it so would to speak to some other ladies :) !!

Is there a group running or could we get one started??

Louise xx
louisec88

Postby CharlotteArtist » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:59 am

Hiya! I've been talking to the lovely Verity people and am in the process of setting up a new Nottingham group , it'll be city centre so easy to get to on public transport from Leicester, Derby etc. Just getting a facebook group sorted and will hopefully have set some dates by the end of next week so I'll announce something soon :D x
CharlotteArtist

Postby CharlotteArtist » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi everyone! I'm really happy to announce that the brand new Nottingham group will have it's first meeting next week on August 14th 6:30pm - 9pm!

You can join us on Facebook here for more info:-
https://www.facebook.com/PCOSGoddess

My friend Susi (also a PCOS sufferer) is co-hosting the group with me and has kindly allowed us to use her studio as a venue, so parking is available and there will be free teas and coffees and PCOS friendly snacks!

Location is Eternal Spirits - Studio 4, Carlton Textile Workshops, 15-17 Stoney Street, The Lace Market, Nottingham. NG1 1LP

If you're interested in coming but are unsure please don't hesitate to message me on here email me direct on enquiries@charlottethomson.co.uk and I'll be happy to give you directions to the venue, public transport info, my mobile number in case you get lost etc! :)

We have about 10 people confirmed as attending so far (via Facebook) really hope some of you guys can make it too!

xx Charlotte
CharlotteArtist

PreviousNext

Return to Verity Local Groups