GROUP EAST MIDLANDS, NOTTINGHAM, DERBY

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby Cloudyrain » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Just to confirm everyone: I will be out side the Nottingham Knight pub at 3pm in a red coat, zebra print scarf and wearing my Verity pin.

Hope to see you all there :D

See you later!xxx
Diagnosed PCOS and Endometriosis in 2011 after 15 years fighting!

Next East Mids Meet Ups: Sunday 29th July and Sunday 23rd September at 3pm, Nottingham Knight Pub

Remember: Smear tests save lives!x
Cloudyrain
Local Group Leader

Postby clairesteps » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Hey all

Really super sorry but I'm not going to make it today :(

I'm right in the middle of down regging and feeling really wiped out.

Hope you all have an amazing time!xx
Clomid cycle 1 No OV
Clomid cycle 2 OV but BFN
Clomid cycle 3 OV but BFN
IVF #1 - started Sept 09 but cancelled after egg retrieval due to hyperstim
Starting provera to induce cycle 18th Jan
Having IVF FET Feb/March 10 BFN
Break to get married!
IVF FET Oct 11 - cancelled due to pre cancerous cells
Starting another FET cycle Jan 12. Here we go again.
BFP 11/3/12!!
First scan 2/4/12 - it's twins!!
clairesteps

Exciting Group Update!

Postby Cloudyrain » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:42 pm

Hello ladies!

Just an exciting Group Update! I am now an official person!

Having chatted on here, and at meets I think it might be best to have the meets on the last Sunday of the month. If anyone would like to attend, but can't do Sundays please let me know (either on this thread or via PM) and I can do a different date to try and accommodate.

If any browsers want to attend and you aren't registered, please come along, you are more than welcome.

If anyone has any input or wants to ask any questions, again, please feel free to contact me.

I'm going to sit down and get the dates for the next three meets and pop them on here. Please let me know if you can come to the next one. I think probably 3pm on Sundays might be best, but please don't worry if you can't make it at exactly 3pm - we will be there for a few hours, so even if you can come for only a short while then that's great!x

Next East Mids Meet Ups: Sunday 29th July and Sunday 23rd September at 3pm, Nottingham Knight Pub

Cloudyrain
Local Group Leader

Postby Hols969 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:24 am

Been asked to add this research request here as you ladies may have partners who could be willing to participate ... my hubbie will but we are a little far away.......

PCOS may be a female disorder but its effects aren't just felt by women - it can have a significant impact on their male partners too. Men may not suffer directly with the menstrual abnormalities, the acne, the unwanted hair, the ongoing weight battles or the thinning scalp hair but they often have to weather the storm of their partner's fluctuating hormones, they may have to ride the emotional rollercoaster of trying and failing to conceive, and they may struggle to come to terms with their absolute powerlessness to fix the problems arising from PCOS. However, the truth is that we just don't know what men's experiences are as no research has ever been done into how men are affected by, or cope with, their partners' PCOS. This study seeks to plug that gap in our knowledge. We want to conduct face-to-face conversational-type interviews with male partners of women diagnosed with PCOS to try to discover how men perceive the impact of PCOS on their lives. It is up to the person being interviewed to decide how much they are comfortable disclosing – it’s a chat rather than an interrogation. The interviews can take place at home or in any public place that is convenient provided it is not too noisy as the interviews will be digitally recorded and then transcribed into print to enable them to be analysed. During transcription, all data will be made completely anonymous so participants can speak freely without worrying about being identified.

If you have a male partner who would be interested in participating in this study, please contact (or ask them to contact) Christianne Tipping on c.tipping@lancaster.ac.uk or on telephone number 01335 300222 as soon as possible to receive more information. Due to time constraints, preference will be given to potential participants based in Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Cheshire and Shropshire or in Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: Exciting Group Update!

Postby Dizzidee77 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:11 am

Cloudyrain wrote:Just an exciting Group Update! I am now an official person!

Congratulations :)

I hopefully should be able to make the next meeting.
Dizzidee77

Postby Dizzidee77 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 am

Dizzidee77

Postby Dizzidee77 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 am

Dizzidee77

Postby Dizzidee77 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:27 am

Dizzidee77

Re: Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, East Midlands !!!!

Postby Dizzidee77 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:31 am

Sorry! Got a bit carried away. Problems with my PC
Dizzidee77

Re: GROUP EAST MIDLANDS, NOTTINGHAM, DERBY, LEICESTER

Postby Cloudyrain » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:06 pm

Lol Dee, I have had a mare getting on here - I don't know what has happened, but it's been stressing me out, but your many congratulations cheered me up!

*****Right, the next meet is Sunday 25th March, 3pm, Nottingham Knight pub*****

I will send out some pms tomorrow - it's took me that long to get on here today, I'm such a stoopid person today!

Cloudyrain
Local Group Leader

Postby kate s » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:21 pm

Just to let you know I will be there on sunday. Hope lots of others make it :)
Me - 36 OH - 29
Diagnosed PCOS 2007
ttc Jan 2010
Began weight loss 19th June 2010
SA Jan 2011 good
Lost 7 stone by December 2011
Natural BFP 26/7/11 mc 10 weeks 4 days
Natural BFP 16/12/11 please stick this time
Megan Ella born 26/08/12
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/ ... weight.png
kate s

Postby becca » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Thanks for the message cloudyrain! I'm really going to try and make it but can't say for definite yet. With only being 5 weeks from due date and still without a fully decorated nursery I may be at home doing DIY as sunday might be the only day this week I can get someone to give me and my OH a hand to put up some wardrobes. Any friend or family member who makes even the tiniest passing comment about helping out is getting dragged round to my house at short notice at the moment to help out and one friend hinted that she might be free this weekend.

I do need to come to a meet up though but at this rate it might be after I have baby.
becca

Postby Cloudyrain » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:59 pm

Excellent Kate - was hoping with the nearness of the location you would make it!

Becca - would be brill if you could, but don't stress if you can't, I know you have a lot on your plate at the moment x

Just to let everyone know I have had 3 confirmed via PM so should be a good turnout!x

Cloudyrain
Local Group Leader

Postby becca » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:16 pm

I got all my dates mixed up :( I forgot it was a friends birthday Sunday and we are going out for a meal, so I wont be able to make it at all on sunday (or decorate my nursery).

I will try really hard to make it soon though, perhaps not next time because I am due 25th april but maybe the meet up the following month.
becca

Postby Cloudyrain » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:13 pm

Hey Becca, don't worry!

We will probably be meeting the last Sunday in May next - we thought every other month, and always the last Sunday, would be good to keep to so we know where we are for the rest of the year x

Cloudyrain
Local Group Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Verity Local Groups