GROUP - CREWE AND SURROUNDING

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby belleandboo » Mon May 02, 2011 7:11 pm

have been sent the health pack, so will pop them in my drs here. soon as get an email sorted we can poster all the local gps, hospitals etc :D
CREWE PCOS group, meets monthly at Costa in Crewe just mail me for details :D
crewe@verity-pcos.org.uk
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

Postby gnatalie » Mon May 02, 2011 8:22 pm

I got my gp pack too, which I'm going to pop down next time I go to the doctors :-)
gnatalie

Postby belleandboo » Sat May 07, 2011 4:55 pm

tonight ladies 7-10pm wetherspoons in crewe (its called gaffers row and is behind the bus station). everyone welcome.

youll spot me by my black glasses, black top, (maybe a burgandy cardi) and blue jeans. I'm 5'9'' and plus size and likely to have a glass of white wine in front of me :D
crewe@verity-pcos.org.uk
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

Postby gnatalie » Sun May 08, 2011 10:00 pm

Great meeting last night, hope to see you all next time! and you had rose, not white, lol. I really need to come on the bus next time so I can have a glass with you, lol.
gnatalie

Postby belleandboo » Mon May 09, 2011 12:04 pm

definately a plan :D
crewe@verity-pcos.org.uk
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

Postby belleandboo » Wed May 18, 2011 9:27 am

crewe@verity-pcos.org.uk

THE CREWE GROUP HAVE AN OFFICIAL EMAIL...

crewe@verity-pcos.org.uk
crewe@verity-pcos.org.uk
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

Postby gnatalie » Wed May 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Cool, we'll have to discuss next time if we can put it on posters or something.
gnatalie

Postby gnatalie » Fri May 27, 2011 10:08 pm

Its the next meeting next Saturday isn't it? Isn't this year flying by! I'll check the bus times so I can have a vino this time too!
gnatalie

Postby belleandboo » Sat May 28, 2011 8:15 am

It is indeed :D
crewe@verity-pcos.org.uk
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

Postby belleandboo » Sat May 28, 2011 8:15 am

It is indeed :D
crewe@verity-pcos.org.uk
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

Postby gnatalie » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:17 pm

Hi, just to let everyone know, this months meeting has been postponed until next weekend due to some of us not being able to make it this weekend. So the meeting is now:

Saturday 11th June

hope to see you all there!
gnatalie

Postby belleandboo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:05 am

currently meetings are the first saturday every month, 7-10pm at crewe wetherspoons.

would any more people be interested in coming if we changed the time/venue to a daytime in a cafe? just a thought, ive had an email asking about this - please get in contact if this is a better option for you as we're trying to be as inclusive as possible.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
crewe@verity-pcos.org.uk
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

Postby belleandboo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:57 pm

Just to let everyone know that our group is active, if you want to meet up just pm us x
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

Postby Hols969 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:26 am

hello ladies, can anyone persuade their OH to help with the research below??

PCOS may be a female disorder but its effects aren't just felt by women - it can have a significant impact on their male partners too. Men may not suffer directly with the menstrual abnormalities, the acne, the unwanted hair, the ongoing weight battles or the thinning scalp hair but they often have to weather the storm of their partner's fluctuating hormones, they may have to ride the emotional rollercoaster of trying and failing to conceive, and they may struggle to come to terms with their absolute powerlessness to fix the problems arising from PCOS. However, the truth is that we just don't know what men's experiences are as no research has ever been done into how men are affected by, or cope with, their partners' PCOS. This study seeks to plug that gap in our knowledge. We want to conduct face-to-face conversational-type interviews with male partners of women diagnosed with PCOS to try to discover how men perceive the impact of PCOS on their lives. It is up to the person being interviewed to decide how much they are comfortable disclosing – it’s a chat rather than an interrogation. The interviews can take place at home or in any public place that is convenient provided it is not too noisy as the interviews will be digitally recorded and then transcribed into print to enable them to be analysed. During transcription, all data will be made completely anonymous so participants can speak freely without worrying about being identified.

If you have a male partner who would be interested in participating in this study, please contact (or ask them to contact) Christianne Tipping on c.tipping@lancaster.ac.uk or on telephone number 01335 300222 as soon as possible to receive more information. Due to time constraints, preference will be given to potential participants based in Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Cheshire and Shropshire or in Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby belleandboo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:49 am

Hi holly, have asked my oh but not a good time, first baby due april 8th means we 're a bit snowed under getting ready, good luck finding people though x
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Verity Local Groups