GROUP EAST SUSSEX

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

GROUP EAST SUSSEX

Postby Flo » Wed May 13, 2009 11:15 am

Hi guys, just wanted to say hi and make myself known. I have just volunteered to be local leader for East Sussex. I live in Eastbourne, work in Lewes and get to Brighton a lot. I also have links to Kent, so I get to that side of the county regularly too.
So, if you are local and want to get together, please do let me know and I will arrange something!
Thanks

Vicky
Flo
Local Group Leader

Postby Lamb » Mon May 18, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi Vicky,

I live in brighton and also offered up my services to help start a group this way :)

I work in London (FT) but am in Brighton on weekends and evenings (post 8pm) - although I get to work from home 1 day so that evening is good too.

I'd be really keep to help out - or even just meet up, even if no one else is around!

Drop me a line if you want to sort something out :)

Lisa (Lamb)
Diagnosed PCOS - Apr 09
Supplements: Omega 3 Oils, multivitamin /mineral
Holistic Support: Indian Herbs
BMI: TBC Weight: TBC
Mummy to baby Harrison born 13-1-2012!
*******STAY POSITIVE*******
Lamb

Postby Flo » Tue May 19, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi Lamb, thanks, I work in Lewes,live in Eastbourne and visit Brighton a lot because our best friends live there.
You are my only response so far, so maybe we can develop from there! I'm at work at the moment and out tonight, but I'll send you a PM hopefully on Wednesday and we can further chat from there if you like?
Thanks for posting!
Flo
Local Group Leader

Lets get this group going!

Postby Flo » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:23 am

Hi everyone

I have been thinking about the East Sussex group and have been wondering about the best way to get the group up and running.
As the group belongs to us all, I would like to get some input from all of you East Sussex ladies so that we can all get what we are looking for from the group.

I have noted the following points –

• Format of group – How do we want the group to work? I was thinking of an informal group to begin with, just to get together with other ladies with PCOS to share stories and give support in a safe and comfortable environment. If we then decided we wanted something else or something more formal, we can investigate it.

• How often? I thought we could see how the first meeting went and then decide how frequently we want to meet from there. I am guessing that this may be quarterly and was going to propose – September, December, March and June.

• Where? I live in Eastbourne, work in Lewes and have friends in Brighton, so travelling isn’t really an issue. Where would you all like to meet? What sort of place? Maybe we could get a room in a pub? If anyone has any ideas of a venue, please let me know.

• Who? I know some of the other groups also encourage partners to come along so that they can support each other. Is this something we want? We could always develop this at a later stage.

Please could you all let me know what you think and if you have any other related thoughts. I need to get moving on this if we are thinking of meeting in September!

Thanks

Vicky
Flo
Local Group Leader

Postby cherrylou » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi, I just found this topic... have you ladies met up yet? I would really love to meet up and talk to others :) and be part of a group (its tough dealing with pcos alone...

okay, thanks guys x my name is louise by the way. I live in Worthing but I'm always around in Brighton .
cherrylou

Postby Flo » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:12 am

Hi Louise, we havn't met up yet, havn't really heard from anyone else yet, so it's really good to hear from you! Maybe if you and Lamb could let me know what you would like to do, the three of us could meet up, and then maybe swell numbers for the future?
What do you think?
thanks

Vicky
Flo
Local Group Leader

Postby cherrylou » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:00 pm

hi vicky..

that sounds a good idea :wink: others can always join in later. I'm pretty flexible with times and places.. i'm up for meeting anywhere thats good for you guys?

louise x
cherrylou

East Sussex group

Postby bourbon » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi,

I live in Eastbourne and wondered whether the group had managed to get going? It would be great to meet up with other people who have PCOS!

Thanks
bourbon

local get together

Postby Hayley19 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:28 am

hello my name is Hayley and i am new to this website. i have had pcos for 3 years now and i am 19. has the local group get together been formed and would i be able to join the group please. i am from hastings
Hayley
Hayley19

Lets get going!

Postby Flo » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:25 am

Hi guys, sorry I have been so dreadful at sorting this out, things have beena bit mad, but I am committed and will sort something out.
Shall we do someting really casual to begin with, perhaps a coffee or something? What do you all think? And what day is best? Evenings or weekends are best for me - what does everyone else think?
Flo
Local Group Leader

Postby Aara » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:57 pm

hey, did this ever get started? I live in worthing and I'm desperate to have a coffee and a chat :)
Aara

is this group no more?

Postby cathyh » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:23 pm

I tried to email the address for this group but no joy - it's coming back as a mail failure.

Did the group ever get together?
cathyh

Postby Snow Monkey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi I live in Brighton and would be really interested too. Anyone know anything??
Snow Monkey

Working on it...

Postby cathyh » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi again Snow Monkey

I actually work at the same place as Flo so we're having lunch next week with the hopes of getting something up and running.

So look out for more info soon!
cathyh

Postby Snow Monkey » Fri May 21, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi CathyH or Flo

Any updates as yet??

:D
Snow Monkey

Next

Return to Verity Local Groups