GROUP KENT

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Men

Postby Hayley1987 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi ladies,

In April i am due for my next hospital appointment to discuss IVF as my next option. Prior to this i appointment my other half has been asked to get his sperm count etc tested too. We have been told that my local hospital (where i am being treated) does not deal with male fertility problems and he'd have to go through his GP instead.
We live in West kent and have been refered to the William Havrey Hospital in Ashford, roughly an hour away from us.
Is this really the only hospital closest to us in West Kent? Or have any of you been sent to somewhere else??

Thanks

Hayley xx
Hayley1987

Postby loachy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:20 pm

i attended Canterbury so thats evenfurther for you.
IVF BFP Aaron m/c 22wks 9/2/07
IVF BFP Katie & Joshua 29+4 3lb 1 13/9/08
http://aaron-hodnett.gonetoosoon.org
[url=http://counters.families.com]ImageImage
loachy
Verity Moderator

Postby beabea » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:01 pm

hi hayley,

which hospital are you under? we're under pembury but via maidstone! don't know if that is any nearer for you?? we were recently told to avoid doing dh's future sa's at ashford hospital as they are quite unreliable, so going to do his 3rd one at medway...

b x
beabea

Postby Hayley1987 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi Beabea,

Im at Pembury hospital too.

But my other halfs doc was in Crowborough (sussex based) so was first refered to eastbourne to be tested. we thought this was a bit to much hassle to travel to etc with work and everything else so he change to a local doc (kent based) and hes now been otffered the choice of Ashford or Gillingham. Nobody has mentioned Maidstone to us though?!
How long does it usually take to get the results back too? As we're worried we wont get them in time for my appointment.

Hayley xx
Hayley1987

Postby Beanicle » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Hiya.

My bloke had to go to Medway Maritime for his first one. Second one he was told to go to Medway and they turned him away and said they had stopped taking from our area (you can imagine how well that went down!) I called my my clinic and they then sent him to Queen Elizabeth in Woolwich.
diagnosed with Endometriosis Oct 06 and PCOS Sept 09
4th cycle clomid and metformin - BFP!!!

Amazing surprise BFP on 23/9/12!!! Just on met this time EED 18/5/13
Beanicle

Postby beabea » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:02 am

hayley - we live in maidstone but they don't have their own fertility clinic there so we have the pembury clinic who come to maidstone every tuesday. i'm actually really surprised they're not making us go out to pembury actually, bizarrely my tracking scans have to be done at pembury it's weird! we're under ms ahuja - who's your cons?

it took us a week each time to get hubby's results back to the gp.

beanicle - nothing surprises me anymore! they love giving us the run around :roll:

b x
beabea

Postby Hayley1987 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:56 pm

Thanks loachy, Beanicle & beabea for all your helpfulness!! Much appreciated! :D xxx

Beanicle, i cant belive that happen to you. these docs are bloody usless! Hopefully you've had better experiences since then though?!

Beabea, I'm suprised you haven't had to travel to Pembury each time too. My Consultant is Mr Wilcox, although i see someone diff EVERY time i go & end up explaining my symptoms/ past treatments all other again. It's very annoying! I live in T/Wells so it's not too much of a hassle to get the time off work to go though!
Although Ashford is gonna be a pain in the bum, its a 1hr 1/2(ish) drive for us, maybe a little more and we have to produce the sample within 2hrs. And there isn't anywhere on site for him to ''produce' it. LoL. Not sure how we're gonna manage that tbh?!

Least the results come back relatively fast though!
xxx
Hayley1987

Postby Beanicle » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:34 pm

My blokes first sample came back pretty poor. He drove a fair bit with it so the second time I made him "produce" in the toilet when he got there (he was mortified) so you can imagine how pleased he was when they turned him away.

I made him do the same thing when he went to the other hospital and his count of speedy swimmers was drastically improved.

So if you can persuade your other half then maybe just get him to take a trip to the loo one you get there......

Lol, ttc is so undignified!!
diagnosed with Endometriosis Oct 06 and PCOS Sept 09
4th cycle clomid and metformin - BFP!!!

Amazing surprise BFP on 23/9/12!!! Just on met this time EED 18/5/13
Beanicle

Postby Hayley1987 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:54 am

LOL. Thanks Beanicle.

I'll do my best to convice my other half to do it that way then, not sure how it'll go down though?!
I half koked with him when we recived the letter that he'd have to ''produce'' it in the car while i drive us there, as you can imagine it didnt go down well!! LoL.
So true, it's VERY undignified!!

:D xx
Hayley1987

Postby beabea » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:53 pm

lol ooh i didn't think of that, wish i had thought of the toilet sample idea!! hayley if you do go to ashford just bear in mind they have a rep for being v strict, esp with morphology. have you thought of paying to get one done at south east clinic near you in t wells?? just a thought.

would be interested to hear what you think of the clinic at pembury hayley - every time i phone the secretary she sounds so fed up & dismissive!

i know this is a general board for kent pcos ladies but if there are a few of us kent ladies ttc at the mo, do you think it'd be a good idea to set up a new separate ttc thread?? not sure how to do this though!

b xx
beabea

Postby aimee10 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:37 pm

beabea that sounds like a really nice idea, but not sure how you would do that either!!
TTC since Aug 08
Lap&dye Nov 09
7 rounds Clomid BFN
IUI july 11 BFN
IUI Aug 11 BFN
IVF JAN 12 BFN
FET MAY 12 BFP!!!!!!
Big surprise natural BFP jan 2014!!!
aimee10

Postby Mrs Wilko » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:17 pm

hiya ladies

your best bet would probably setting up a new thread in the ttc section of the site - at the top of the lists of threads there is "new thread" if you just name it what you want to (maybe something like ladies ttc in Kent?) then add your first post and bobs your uncle!
Natural surprises BFP 07/2007 and 01/2012

PCOS diet 10/2010 to 11/2011 lost 7st in total BMI down from 48 to 28
Back again to loose the weight after a break (and a baby!) 01/2013

*Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Mrs Wilko
Verity Moderator

Postby Mrs Wilko » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:18 pm

sorry - the button is called "new topic"
Natural surprises BFP 07/2007 and 01/2012

PCOS diet 10/2010 to 11/2011 lost 7st in total BMI down from 48 to 28
Back again to loose the weight after a break (and a baby!) 01/2013

*Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Mrs Wilko
Verity Moderator

Me again

Postby Hayley1987 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Hey Ladies,

I like the idea of a Kent girls TTC thread too! :D

LoL Beabea, you hit the nail on the head. She is soooo grumpy whenever i call, but at the same time always very helpful. I cant work her out tbh?! The clinic in general is pretty good, my only problem is that i see a diff doc each time and have to explain myself from scratch.

I have thought about going private but dont really have the money to do so, and not sure how we arrange changing hospitals etc?!
As you can tell im pretty new to all of this, it's not the kind of thing you expect to go through at 22yrs old!! :(

I love the fact i can get great advice from you girls though!! xxx

(Sorry for the cheese. LoL)
Hayley1987

Postby beabea » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:28 pm

thanks kirsty - right then, have set up a new thread for us on the Trying To Conceive board - called Kent Girls TTC :)

hayley, aimee, beanicle & anyone else who is ttc & fancies chatting to other pcos ladies in kent, see you over there!

hayley - am shooting over there now to reply to your last post :)

b xx
beabea

PreviousNext

Return to Verity Local Groups