GROUP ROTHERHAM

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

GROUP ROTHERHAM

Postby beansprout » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:37 am

Hi Everyone
Just to let you know there is a Rotherham Support Group Meeting alive and well in R'ham, S Yorkshire. We generally meet on the FIRST MONDAY of each month at The Brentwood pub, Moorgate Rd, R'ham - just up the road from the hospital! All are welcome to join us from 8pm. We also have special meetings at the hospital, where we are joined by the Clinical Director, Mrs Anju Kumar, who sees us PCOS girls on a regular basis in her clinic. Our group is very friendly, relaxed, and ON THE LOOK OUT FOR NEW MEMBERS! For any more details, send me an email.

Beansprout
beansprout
Local Group Leader

Postby gemmalouise » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:16 pm

I'd definitely agree we're a friendly bunch, and the meetings are fun and very relaxed.

See you 4th Sept.

Gem
x
gemmalouise

Next Meeting

Postby beansprout » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi Everyone
Just to let you know that our next group meeting is MONDAY 1st Sept. We're meeting at The Brentwood, Moorgate Road, Rotherham at 8pm. We are also eating (and drinking!), but only healthy stuff!! :D
You're all most welcome to join us!

Our next meetings (all 8pm at The Brentwood) are:
Monday 6th October
Monday 3rd November
Monday 8th December
Don't get overwhelmed by everything that's going on in your life... just take ONE bite of the elephant at a time! :-)
beansprout
Local Group Leader

TONIGHT'S MEETING

Postby beansprout » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Hello!
Just a note to say that the Rotherham Group is meeting tonight, Monday 6th October, 8pm at The Brentwood, Moorgate, R'ham.
It would be great to see the regulars and any NEW PEOPLE!! We're a friendly, relaxed bunch so come and join us.

See you soon
Beansprout :)
Don't get overwhelmed by everything that's going on in your life... just take ONE bite of the elephant at a time! :-)
beansprout
Local Group Leader

Next group meeting

Postby beansprout » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:43 pm

Hi Everyone
Just to let you know our next R'ham group meeting is Monday 3rd Nov at 8pm. It will be held in the Yorks & Lincs room (next to hotel reception) at The Brentwood Hotel/pub, 114 Moorgate Rd, R'ham.
Our guest speaker is Mrs Kumar, Consultant Gynae and Clinical Director for R'ham General Hospital. She will be speaking on the latest medical findings and treatment for PCOS.
It promises to be a GREAT evening - bring your friends and family.
New and existing group members most welcome :-)

Sharon - Group Leader
beansprout
Local Group Leader

Group Meeting feedback

Postby beansprout » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:25 pm

Hi Everyone
We all had a great meeting last night. Mrs Kumar (Consultant Gynae and Clinical Director at R'ham Gen Hosp) gave an excellent talk on new treatments for PCOS. She gave hope of a genetic breakthrough (within 20yrs!) to help eradicate PCOS. She also answered questions that people had... covering diagnosis for young people, acne, counselling, electrolysis, genetic causes and medication for menopausal PCOS sufferers.
The official meeting ended at 9.15pm, when we moved to the pub for a meal and a drink!

Our NEXT MEETING is on Monday 15th December, when we'll be having a Christmas Meal together. Menus are available. New people are ALWAYS welcome to join us! We're a great friendly bunch - come and meet us.

Beansprout (aka Sharon)
beansprout
Local Group Leader

Postby IronSea » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:08 am

Hi,
You mentioned you have group meetings up at the hospital? I was just wondering if there's any of those coming up at all as I'd love to join you :)

Also, I heard Mrs Kumar had left? Any word of who else would be able to join the meeting as a speaker or anything?

x
IronSea

New Meeting times for Rotherham

Postby beansprout » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:13 pm

Hi IronSea
Good to hear from you. We haven't got any meetings lined up at the hospital yet, and yes it's true Mrs Kumar has left Rotherham and is now working at a hospital in Cardiff. She moved there to be with her husband, who had moved up there 18mths previous, for his new job.
As for other speakers, I'm working on the Endocrinologist at the hospital, Dr Franke. Mrs Kumar's replacement has gazzumped RGH and got another job elsewhere, so not sure what is happening there!

The Rotherham group now meets EVERY SECOND THURSDAY at 8pm at The Brentwood Two for One pub/hotel on Moorgate Rd, Rotherham.

You would be most welcome to come along. Our next meeting dates are:
Thursday 12th Feb, Thursday 19th March (delayed cos of my 40th birthday!), Thursday 16th April (delayed cos of Easter).

Look forward to meeting up with you sometime.
Beansprout :-)
beansprout
Local Group Leader

Postby flash » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:44 pm

hello im new, i am based in sheffield and this is the closest group to me :)

just wondering if you still meet up :)

i am only 18 i hope age doesnt matter :)

love and support, Lauren x
flash

Postby beansprout » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi Lauren
Thanks for your email. Yes, the Rotherham group does still meet up. Our next mtg is Thurs 9th July for a 'nosh and natter' at The Brentwood, Moorgate Rd, R'ham at 8pm.
It'd be great to see you.

Sharon
beansprout
Local Group Leader

Re: GROUP ROTHERHAM

Postby Enfys » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi I'm in sheffield as well, i wonder if you are going to meet up in 2013? :-D
39 y/o Dx underage BMI 24 IR Acne DH SA normal
Sep12 TTC
Mar13 HSG couldn't be performed due to closed cervix
Sep13 LAP & DYE revealed I was born with only 1 tube
IVF1 Mar14: Antagonist: Cancelled on day 8 bc OHSS risk OR:41000 & next cycle delayed bc of high OR
IVF2 July14: Freeze all Antagonist: 15 eggs, 13 fert, 8 frosties on day 2
FET 1-3 BFN
IVF3 Jun15, private. 23 eggs, 12 fert, 2 fresh transfer, 3 frozen blastos. BFP, mod OHSS, not drained. 6w scan: 1 empty sac 8w scan: heartbeat!
Enfys

Return to Verity Local Groups