GROUP BEDFORDSHIRE

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby Steph Pet! » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:19 pm

Cos am the leader pet....and I'm great as u know...!

Steph Pet!
Local Group Leader

March?

Postby Ammeg » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:11 am

Hi all!

Steph, we said about a March meet, any news/ideas of dates?

Hope all are well!

xx
Diagnosed 2004
TTC since September 2009
Ammeg

Postby Steph Pet! » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:33 am

Sorry hun....been pre-occupied trying to sort out Archie and his constant illness and dairy allergy. March/early April isn't going to be a good month for me as got lots of appointments for him and for me BUT if everyone wants to meet up I will happily organise a date???

Any suggestions?

Steph Pet!
Local Group Leader

Postby Ammeg » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Thats fine hun, also very busy here, just didn't want to miss anything! haha! x
Diagnosed 2004
TTC since September 2009
Ammeg

Postby Steph Pet! » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi girls,

I've had a few messages asking me to arrange a meet soon. I'm up to my eyes in building work so not sure I will be able to make it however I am happy to arrange a date and book a table for you all.

So....how is everyone fixed in April?

Steph Pet!
Local Group Leader

Postby thebuzz » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:07 am

i wont be able to make an April date, too much else going on this month i'm afraid.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
[url=http://daisypath.com]
thebuzz

Postby Steph Pet! » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:34 am

Hi girls,

Hope you're all well?

Just a note to let you all know that I've decided to stand down as group leader. I'm finding I just don't have the time to dedicate to it along with my Jamie at Home, NCT work, a demanding toddler and now going back to work to my proper job 2.5 days per week as of next week. Just not enough hours in the day sometimes...

We wanted to know if anyone else was keen to take on the role...nothing to it really...keeping everyone updated....advertising the group and organising meetings as often as everyone would like them (been about once a quarter in the past)....

Post here or PM MrsB or myself if you're interested!

xx

Steph Pet!
Local Group Leader

Is this group still going?

Postby KTee » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi Guys,
Is this group still going?
KTee

Postby Steph Pet! » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:26 am

Nobody has taken over the leadership of it since I stood down last year....if anyone would like to take it on that would be great....!

Steph Pet!
Local Group Leader

Postby Mrs_B_24 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:14 pm

Hello,

If there is still the need for a Bedfordshire Group leader I may be interested in taking over. I live in Luton and have 5 people so far who want to meet up on a regular basis but we want more people.

I know the previous posts are a bit old but would anyone still be interested?

Thanks.

Kathy. :D
1000mg Metformin (500mg Twice a day.)
TTC since Dec '08.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Mrs_B_24

Postby Steph Pet! » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for the radio silence for so long...after stepping down I've picked up the baton and am going to be contact for the Bedfordshire local group again. I'm currently looking into suitable meeting places...there is a place in Flitwick who lets out rooms to charities for free so thinking of booking one and maybe doing an evening meet...possible getting along a speaker??

What would you like to get from the meets...would a speaker (e.g. acupuncturist etc) help??

Steph
x

Steph Pet!
Local Group Leader

Postby Mrs_B_24 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Fantastic news :D

I think having a group to go to would help me so much. What about maybe bringing along a friend for a donation, say £1 or something to raise money for Verity? I have a couple of friends with PCOS that may be interested in coming. Or can you just bring friends along anyway? :oops:

I think a guest speaker would be a great idea. Would this be in the evening?

Thanks.

Kathy
x
TTC since Dec '08.

Mrs_B_24

Postby Steph Pet! » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:16 pm

Hi

Yes that would be an idea on the friend front....however on the flipside what do ppl think about non-PCOS sufferers/Partners being there? I'm conscious that if there are ppl there who don't suffer the discussions might not be as open and supportive for some ladies...if that makes sense?

Yes aiming for evenings as I've no childcare in the day and a lot of ppl will be at work....have you any suggestions for the type of guest speaker you would like to come along?

Steph Pet!
Local Group Leader

Postby Mrs_B_24 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:12 pm

Hiya,

On the friends front my 2 friends also have PCOS but are not members of Verity and I know they wouldn't mind paying money towards a good cause to come along.

OK on the evening front will be getting the train maybe so just need to check times once date/time has been announced.

As for the guest speaker maybe someone who helps people with PCOS like accupuncture (if thats how you spell it lol) or hypnosis to help with weight loss? We all see our fare share of Dr's/Consultants so not sure if one of those will be suitable whereas not all of us know alot about those 2 things. It's obviously just an idea :D

Also maybe contact some Gym's/personal trainers and see if they would like to offer a special package for Verity members to advertise on that evening? Is there a Facebook page for Bedfordshire Verity members?

Sorry for the essay! :oops:
TTC since Dec '08.

Mrs_B_24

Postby Steph Pet! » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Great more the merrier as far as your friends go pet!

That's what I was thinking....I know an acupuncturist and I'm wondering if I can get a dietitian to come along....keep the suggestions coming girls but so far thinking...

Acupuncturist
Chinese Herbalist
Reflexologist
Dietitian
Personal Trainer?
Hair removal...beautitian maybe???

Yes we have a group....I might have to close it an set it up again tho as FB has changed since it was set up but at the moment it's http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=165184520615

Steph Pet!
Local Group Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Verity Local Groups