GROUP STOKE ON TRENT

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby belleandboo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi, does anyone know if the group is active?

I'd like to join :)

In answer to the questions from another poster....

Would you prefer newcastle or hanley? NEWCASTLE (better bus links from the village I live in)
Weekend or weekday evening? WEEKEND
Coffee shop or pub? EITHER

If the group isn't active but people want to meet up, please let me know I'm happy to help out in anyway I can.
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

Quick update

Postby belleandboo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:45 pm

I've emailed a few people from the Crewe/Nantwich/Newcastle/Stoke areas to organise an active group that meet in Crewe monthly on a weekend. It's in the town centre 1.1 miles from the train station (20 minute walk) and seconds from the bus station. It'll be regular thing, same time and place. I'm sorry if I've missed you in the emails, or if your location isn't listed on the member list... so please just PM me for details :)
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

Postby gnatalie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi ladies, if anyone can get to Crewe we are meeting on Saturday 5th February at Weatherspoons in the town centre at 7pm!
gnatalie

Postby belleandboo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:19 pm

bump!

we're meetinbg wetherspoons crewe 7pm tomorrow ladies so if there's anyone out there who wants to come please do!

We're advertised on Verity, Gumtree and The Guardian newspaper online events (for Crewe and surrounding areas). If anyone can put up a poster or ad in their places of work/gyms/doctors etc that would be great :D :idea:
CREWE PCOS group, meets monthly at Costa in Crewe just mail me for details :D
crewe@verity-pcos.org.uk
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

Postby belleandboo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:25 pm

SATURDAY 5TH MARCH CREWE & STOKE AREA GROUP.

7pm Wetherspoons in Crewe. Feel free to bring a friend with you, or come on your own.

We're open and friendly :)
crewe@verity-pcos.org.uk
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

Postby belleandboo » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:46 pm

TONIGHT wetherspoons, crewe 7pm PCOS meet.

Everyone welcome, just pop along and say hi or stay for a chat :)

So you can spot me.... I'll be wearing a red tshirt and my hair up in a pony and black glasses
crewe@verity-pcos.org.uk
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

Postby belleandboo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:54 am

had a lovely time last night at the Crewe 7pm wetherspoons first saturday of the month meet, great to see you all and looking forward to next months meet x
crewe@verity-pcos.org.uk
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

STOKE LOCAL GROUP LAUNCH

Postby Lutzomyia » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:14 am

Hi Ladies,

So the Stoke Local Group is back and hopefully this time better than ever.

The next meeting is Wednesday 5th October 2011, 6.30-8.30pm at GCHQ, Metro Business Park, Clough Street, Hanley, ST1 4AF.

We've got a life change consultant, a local gym and hair removal clinic coming along to give advice. It's a lovely location with tea and coffee facilities, comfy sofas and free parking.

If you want any further information or wish to attend please email me (Tracy) at: stoke@verity-pcos.org.uk

Also, send me an email if you would like a poster to pop up at work or any where you think others may see it.

I look forward to meeting you on the 5th Oct.

Tracy Nevatte
* Unless otherwise stated, my views do not represent the official views, position and standing of Verity
Lutzomyia
Verity Trustee

Postby Lutzomyia » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:45 am

So, anyone fancy coming along to the Stoke local group meeting on Wednesday 5th October?
* Unless otherwise stated, my views do not represent the official views, position and standing of Verity
Lutzomyia
Verity Trustee

Stoke on Trent local group

Postby Lutzomyia » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:29 pm

Sorry it's a little late notice on here, I forgot about the forums :?

We're having another meeting tomorrow evening at 6.30pm at the Grace Church in Hanley.

See the local group page for further details:

http://www.verity-pcos.org.uk/resources/local_groups/stoke_on_trent
Lutzomyia
Verity Trustee

Postby Hols969 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:25 am

hello ladies, can anyone persuade their OH to help with the research below??

PCOS may be a female disorder but its effects aren't just felt by women - it can have a significant impact on their male partners too. Men may not suffer directly with the menstrual abnormalities, the acne, the unwanted hair, the ongoing weight battles or the thinning scalp hair but they often have to weather the storm of their partner's fluctuating hormones, they may have to ride the emotional rollercoaster of trying and failing to conceive, and they may struggle to come to terms with their absolute powerlessness to fix the problems arising from PCOS. However, the truth is that we just don't know what men's experiences are as no research has ever been done into how men are affected by, or cope with, their partners' PCOS. This study seeks to plug that gap in our knowledge. We want to conduct face-to-face conversational-type interviews with male partners of women diagnosed with PCOS to try to discover how men perceive the impact of PCOS on their lives. It is up to the person being interviewed to decide how much they are comfortable disclosing – it’s a chat rather than an interrogation. The interviews can take place at home or in any public place that is convenient provided it is not too noisy as the interviews will be digitally recorded and then transcribed into print to enable them to be analysed. During transcription, all data will be made completely anonymous so participants can speak freely without worrying about being identified.

If you have a male partner who would be interested in participating in this study, please contact (or ask them to contact) Christianne Tipping on c.tipping@lancaster.ac.uk or on telephone number 01335 300222 as soon as possible to receive more information. Due to time constraints, preference will be given to potential participants based in Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Cheshire and Shropshire or in Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: GROUP STOKE ON TRENT

Postby Toots » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:05 pm

I was wondering if this group was still active and if so could you give some more details?
Thanks
Toots

Previous

Return to Verity Local Groups