GROUP BRISTOL

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby Katharine M Barnes » Tue May 24, 2011 9:24 pm

Sorry for the delay in setting up this meeting - it has proved harder than we thought to get a speaker. Despite promising they would come and talk to us, Neal's Yard have been very elusive.

Anyway, our next meeting will be on Monday 18 July at 7pm at Starbucks at Aztec West (directions below). The speaker will be Kate Tierney, one of our members, who's now qualified as a Holistic Health & Wellness Coach and is looking for new clients to test a virtual PCOS coaching programme. She's going to talk to us about the benefits of wellness coaching.

We can't reserve anywhere to sit in Starbucks, but it's very quiet in the evenings, so there should be no trouble finding an area to sit. They are happy for us to hold our meeting there. Please make sure you buy a drink to thank them for letting us use the venue. There is also a bar there (part of the adjoining hotel) so you can buy non-coffee drinks too.

Please let me know if you're coming, and pass details onto anyone else you know in the area. See you soon!

How to get there:

The Aztec West roundabout is on the A38, about 6 miles north of Bristol city centre, just before the A38 meets the M5.
Come into Aztec West business park.
You'll see a roundabout almost straight away - take the 1st exit.
Then take the 1st turn on the left - very soon after the roundabout.
The road curves round a bit and you'll Starbucks in a stone building on the right, just before the Lodge (hotel).
For those of you who know Aztec West, Starbucks is in the building that used to be the Black Sheep pub and is opposite the Aztec Hotel.

Aztec West is also well served by local buses.

Katharine Barnes
Katharine M Barnes
Local Group Leader

Postby Katharine M Barnes » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:57 pm

Don't forget our next meeting on Monday 18 July at 7pm at Starbucks at Aztec West (directions in posting above).

We'll have our usual chat to get to know each other and swap PCOS experiences.

The speaker will be Kate Tierney, one of our members, who's now qualified as a Holistic Health & Wellness Coach and is looking for new clients to test a virtual PCOS coaching programme. She's going to talk to us about the benefits of wellness coaching.

Hope to see lots of you there!

Katharine
Katharine M Barnes
Local Group Leader

Postby Katharine M Barnes » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Hello all, the next Verity conference is in Cardiff on Saturday 12 November, 9.30-5pm. I've been to several and they're really good.

If anyone would like to lift share to get there, please let me know.

Details of how to reserve a place at the conference are on the Verity website.
Katharine M Barnes
Local Group Leader

Postby Katharine M Barnes » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:59 pm

Is anyone going to the Verity conference in Cardiff on Sat 12 Nov? They're usually very good.

I'm going and wondered if anyone wanted to share a lift? The day kicks off at 9am so we'd need to leave here at 8am or earlier.

Let me know.

Katharine Barnes
Katharine M Barnes
Local Group Leader

Postby melodyjane » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi ladies

I have recently joined this forum and thought I'd check out the Bristol thread and see if theres anyone around.

I was also hoping there may be someone local to me who needs a fitness buddy?!

Many thanks

Melody xx
melodyjane

Postby Katharine M Barnes » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi Melody, yes I'm around! Where are you based Bristol-wise? I'm in Chipping Sodbury.

Hoping to sort a meeting date out soon.

Katharine
Katharine M Barnes
Local Group Leader

Postby melodyjane » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Hi Katharine

I'm in Keynsham at the moment but moving to St George in a couple of weeks.

I was very excited to find this thread, I don't know anyone with PCOS!!

I meet would be good, I'm up for that :-)

xx

One day I will be woken by the cries of my child and not my husbands snore!
melodyjane

Re: GROUP BRISTOL

Postby Shelley12 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:45 am

I have also joined and live in Almondsbury (near Bradley Stoke), would love to meet up for Coffee with local fellow 'sufferers' !!! xx
Shelley12

Postby Katharine M Barnes » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay in setting up the next meeting. Several new members have come forward recently, so I thought it was about time to get together and put some names to faces!

Our next meeting will be on Monday 14 May at 7pm at Starbucks at Aztec West (directions below). We'll just meet for a general chat, to get to know each other and swap experiences about PCOS. For those of you who haven't been before, it's amazing how much we have in common, and it's really nice to meet people who know what it's like to live with PCOS. If you're shy and don't feel like saying anything, feel free to just sit and listen.

We can't reserve anywhere to sit in Starbucks, but it's very quiet in the evenings, so there should be no trouble finding an area to sit. They are happy for us to hold our meeting there. Please make sure you buy a drink to thank them for letting us use the venue. There is also a bar there (part of the adjoining hotel) so you can buy non-coffee drinks too.

Please let me know if you're coming, and pass details onto anyone else you know in the area. See you soon!

If anyone has difficulty getting there, please let me know and we'll try and sort out a lift.

How to get there:

The Aztec West roundabout is on the A38, about 6 miles north of Bristol city centre, just before the A38 meets the M5.
The road curves round a bit and you'll Starbucks in a stone building on the right, just before the Lodge (hotel).
For those of you who know Aztec West, Starbucks is in the building that used to be the Black Sheep pub and is opposite the Aztec Hotel.

Katharine Barnes
Katharine M Barnes
Local Group Leader

Postby Katharine M Barnes » Tue May 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi everyone,

We had a really good meeting last night. We decided to keep up the momentum and meet again in a couple of months' time, this time on a Friday, which is a date that suits some people better than Mondays.

Our next meeting will be on Friday 6 July at 7pm at Starbucks at Aztec West (directions below). We'll just meet for a general chat, to get to know each other and swap experiences about PCOS. For those of you who haven't been before, it's amazing how much we have in common, and it's really nice to meet people who know what it's like to live with PCOS. If you're shy and don't feel like saying anything, feel free to just sit and listen.

If anyone has difficulty getting there, please let me know and we'll try and sort out a lift.

How to get there:

For those of you who know Aztec West, Starbucks is in the building that used to be the Black Sheep pub and is opposite the Aztec Hotel. You can park in the Lodge on the Park car park next door (up to 2 hrs is free).

Katharine Barnes
Katharine M Barnes
Local Group Leader

Postby Katharine M Barnes » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:53 am

Our next meeting will be on Monday 24 Sept at 7pm at Starbucks at Aztec West (directions below). We'll just meet for a general chat, to get to know each other and swap experiences about PCOS. For those of you who haven't been before, it's amazing how much we have in common, and it's really nice to meet people who know what it's like to live with PCOS. If you're shy and don't feel like saying anything, feel free to just sit and listen.

How to get there:

For those of you who know Aztec West, Starbucks is in the building that used to be the Black Sheep pub and is opposite the Aztec Hotel. You can park in the Lodge on the Park car park next door (up to 2 hrs is free).

Katharine Barnes
Katharine M Barnes
Local Group Leader

Postby Katharine M Barnes » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Our next meeting will be on Monday 3 December at 7pm at Costa Coffee at Cribbs Causeway (just by the upstairs entrance to John Lewis).

We'll just meet for a general chat, to get to know each other and swap experiences about PCOS. For those of you who haven't been before, it's amazing how much we have in common, and it's really nice to meet people who know what it's like to live with PCOS. If you're shy and don't feel like saying anything, feel free to just sit and listen.

We can't reserve anywhere to sit in Costa, but there should be room for us. I'll make sure I have a Delia Smith summer cookbook on the table in front of me so you know who I am.

We thought we'd try a slightly different venue to make it easier for people who are from outside Bristol, and we also though you might like to combine the meeting with some retail therapy....

Katharine
Katharine M Barnes
Local Group Leader

Postby Katharine M Barnes » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Don't forget our meeting next Monday 3 December at 7pm at Costa Coffee, Cribbs Causeway (it's by the upper entrance to John Lewis inside the mall).

In case you don't know what I look like, I'll have a copy of Delia Smith's summer cookbook (which has a large sunflower on the front cover) on the table in front of me.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Katharine M Barnes
Local Group Leader

Postby Katharine M Barnes » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:20 pm

Monday's meeting was a great success and the new location seems to suit people well.

Our next meeting will be at 7pm on Monday 4 March. Once again it'll be at Costa Coffee in the upper mall at Cribbs, by the top entrance to John Lewis.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Have a good Christmas!

Katharine Barnes
Katharine M Barnes
Local Group Leader

Postby Katharine M Barnes » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:35 pm

Don't forget: Our next meeting will be at 7pm on Monday 4 March. Once again it'll be at Costa Coffee in the upper mall at Cribbs, by the top entrance to John Lewis. I'll try and grab a big table and I'll have a copy of Delia Smith's summer cookbook on the table to help you identify me. [it has a large sunflower on the cover].

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Katharine Barnes
Katharine M Barnes
Local Group Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Verity Local Groups