GROUP BRISTOL

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby BethC » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Hi mommywannabe

Did you go on Monday? I decided not to risk it in the end. Was it useful?

Beth
BethC

Postby mommywannabe » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:50 am

Hi Beth

I did go and it was really useful. If you would like I could type up a document of the main points made and send it to you?

Hope you are well.

mwb
:D
mommywannabe

Postby BethC » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:58 am

Hi mwb

Oh, I'm really glad it was useful, although a bit annoyed that I couldn't confirm that it was on so therefore missed it.

If you're making a list of the main points, a copy would be great, but don't put yourself out. I've just been referred to the John Radcliffe Hosp and they have a PCOS clinic with dieticians so I'm hoping I'll get to speak to someone there.

I have read that lactose and eggs might be a trigger for PCOS - was there any mention of this in the talk?

Hope you're well too.

Beth
BethC

Postby mommywannabe » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:17 am

Hi Beth

Wow you are lucky to have been referred. My doctor says she will only refer when we decide to have children.

Nothing mentioned about eggs or lactose - it was mainly about what vitamins etc PCOS suffers need.

Very interesting.

Do you mind me asking if you are trying and is that why you got referred?

mwb
mommywannabe

Postby BethC » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:08 am

I can't believe your doctor has said that. I would push for it. Fertility is not the only issue with PCOS so I'm sure that you'd want to know what else you can do to improve your situation so that things are more sorted for when you do decide to try for children.

No, I'm not trying for children as unfortunately I haven't met the right man yet! However, I am 31 so my body clock is ticking somewhat loudly! I think the reason I've been referred is because I also have a dermoid cyst (2cm) on my left ovary so that needs checking out. My doctor is actually reluctant to diagnose me with PCOS as my bloods seemed normal, even though she scan showed PCO, but she doesn't seem to know much about it so just waiting til my appointment to talk to people that know about PCOS.

I wouldn't actually mind some details of the vitamins as I haven't really figured out the supplements just yet.

Good luck with your doctor.

Beth
BethC

Postby Hayler » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi All
I am new to verity, will there be another meeting soon??
Hayler

Postby Katharine M Barnes » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:30 pm

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you with the next date, but the pub where we meet is changing hands and is currently without an owner, so the manager is unable to say whether we'll be allowed to continue to use the room for free.

The topic for the next talk is a continuation of last time's excellent session on nutrition, thanks to Michelle of Wild Oats.

There should be more news in January, so I've been asked to ring the pub then.

Sorry for the delay. I'll keep you posted.

Katharine Barnes
Katharine M Barnes
Local Group Leader

Postby carojohnson18 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:35 pm

hi gals (and maybe guys providing support for girlfiends? you never know!)

When is the next bristol meeting? As i'm north Bristol area and would like to meet up, as i've only been recently diagnosed.

thanks
caroline
carojohnson18

Postby Katharine M Barnes » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:36 pm

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all with a date for the next meeting. The pub where we've met up till now has been giving me the runaround because they're in the process of being sold. I have been fobbed off enough, so (thanks to Dani for the suggestion) we're going to meet somewhere else.

Our next meeting will be on Monday 15 February at 7pm at Starbucks at Aztec West (directions below). Michelle Newbold of the Wild Oats health food store in Redland will be coming back to talk to us about nutrition.

We can't reserve anywhere to sit in Starbucks, but it's very quiet in the evenings, so there should be no trouble finding an area to sit. They are happy for us to hold our meeting there. Please make sure you buy a drink to thank them for letting us use the venue. There is also a bar there (part of the adjoining hotel) so you can buy non-coffee drinks too.

We'll try the new venue this time and see how we get on.

Please let me know if you're coming, and pass details onto anyone else you know in the area.

How to get there:

The Aztec West roundbaout is on the A38, about 6 miles north of Bristol city centre, just before the A38 meets the M5.
Come into Aztec West buisness park.
You'll see a roundabout almost straight away - take the 1st exit.
Then take the 1st turn on the left - very soon after the roundabout.
The road curves round a bit and you'll Starbucks in a stone building on the right, just before the Lodge (hotel).
For those of you who know Aztec West, Starbucks is in the building that used to be the Black Sheep pub and is opposite the Aztec Hotel.

Aztec West is also well served by local buses.
Katharine M Barnes
Local Group Leader

Postby carojohnson18 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:55 am

Count me in, if there is coffee involved and a gossip, sound great! hope to bring my friend Tina with me too as she has PCOS and i'm trying to get her onto the forum as well.

Caroline
You smile because I'm different; I laugh because your all the same!

-------------------------
TTC since October 2008
Diagnosed finally Jan 2010

A paranormal investigator/pencil pusher/psychic medium/domestic goddess...... just not all at once!!!
carojohnson18

Postby carojohnson18 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:58 am

BethC wrote:I can't believe your doctor has said that. I would push for it. Fertility is not the only issue with PCOS so I'm sure that you'd want to know what else you can do to improve your situation so that things are more sorted for when you do decide to try for children.

No, I'm not trying for children as unfortunately I haven't met the right man yet! However, I am 31 so my body clock is ticking somewhat loudly! I think the reason I've been referred is because I also have a dermoid cyst (2cm) on my left ovary so that needs checking out. My doctor is actually reluctant to diagnose me with PCOS as my bloods seemed normal, even though she scan showed PCO, but she doesn't seem to know much about it so just waiting til my appointment to talk to people that know about PCOS.

I wouldn't actually mind some details of the vitamins as I haven't really figured out the supplements just yet.

Good luck with your doctor.

Beth

Beth i had the same problem, for years i chased my docs that i was not right, suffered with my periods, felt like a zombie and found it hard to loose weight, but my bloods were normal, and i really put my foot down this year after no period for well over a year, and it finally came back as raised testosterone, worth nagging them about it, might take a while but hopefully the nagging will try to get something done!

TTC since October 2008

A paranormal investigator/pencil pusher/psychic medium/domestic goddess...... just not all at once!!!
carojohnson18

Postby MsMara » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:36 pm

I'd love to come, and bring my partner as she's also recently been diagnosed with PCOS, but unfortunately we can't as we're going to see Stephen K Amos at the Colston Hall that night. Hope it goes well. Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one tho. x
The best thing about life is that it's never so bad that it can't get worse.

Trying to lose 6 stone
MsMara

Postby carojohnson18 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:47 pm

ohhh that sounds good! hope you have a great time! :P

TTC since October 2008

carojohnson18

Postby BethC » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:34 am

Hi

I'm hoping to be able to come on the 15th. Will be good to meet you all.

Beth
BethC

Postby Katharine M Barnes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Hello everyone,

Don't forget the meeting on Mon 15 Feb, 7pm, Starbucks Aztec West. Details on earlier posting.

Hope to see you then.

Katharine Barnes
Katharine M Barnes
Local Group Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Verity Local Groups