GROUP ABERDEEN

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby leshie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:38 pm

Hi girls

Thanks for filling in the doodle poll.. there are 5 of us so far, and Saturday November 27th is the clear winner....

Not really sure where everyone is, but would you like to meet in the city? or given its a saturday would you rather not?

I know past meetings were at Howies, but theres not enough for us for a private room...though there is nothing stopping us still meeting there...

TGIs and Pizza hut at Aberdeen beach are also child friendly...

Raemoir Garden Centre in Banchory has a kiddies play area, indoor and outdoor and serves kiddy meals and cakes and lunches. but we cant book for that one...we just turn up and see how it goes... Ive heard good things about Mains of Drum too (but not sure how child and buggy friendly that one is)

The ceramic experience on broomhill road is also a good one but the earlier the better that one as it gets quite busy at weekends...

Im assuming we will have kiddies with us too?

Harvester's at Bridge of Dee is also child friendly...

Any thoughts? (remember ive only been in aberdeen a few months, so if there are more appropriate places please let me know)

Melina x

leshie
Local Group Leader

Meeting in Aberdeen

Postby keridwhen » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:57 am

I am new to Verity and would love to meet up with some of you ladies. Any idea if there might be a meet happening soon?

Lexi
keridwhen

Postby debs29 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:37 pm

I would also be up for a meet if anyone was free.

Welcome Lexi!

Debbie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIU3rZf/]
debs29

Postby leshie » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:42 am

Hi everyone...

Apologies for the lack of communication lately..I moved to Aberdeen in April 2010 and took over the local group leader role...however after a few attempts we didnt manage to meet up, for one reason or another, finding date that suited was tricky. Anyhow...since our last attempt to meet up, I have moved again, this time abroad due to hubbys work and we are now in Malaysia...

So, given the move, would someone be able to take on the Aberdeen local group leader role?

Melina x

leshie
Local Group Leader

Postby leshie » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:43 am

Hi everyone...

Apologies for the lack of communication lately..I moved to Aberdeen in April 2010 and took over the local group leader role...however after a few attempts we didnt manage to meet up, for one reason or another, finding date that suited was tricky. Anyhow...since our last attempt to meet up, I have moved again, this time abroad due to hubbys work and we are now in Malaysia...

So, given the move, would someone be able to take on the Aberdeen local group leader role?

Melina x

leshie
Local Group Leader

Good Luck Leshie

Postby carrieanne watson » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Thats a shame that Leshie your no longer able to be group leader, but I wish you all the best in your new home and your life aboard. im sure the weather is beautiful there.

I hope someone will take it over as i dont know about anyone else but I would be devastated if there was no longer an Aberdeen group :( I know that I have never been to a meeting but I really would like to meet up some day. Its upsetting that life gets in the way and that the meetings had to be cancelled for one reason or another but I hope some one will take on as group leader. we need to show support for the group.

love
carrieanne
x :)
carrieanne watson
Local Group Leader

Postby laura.m » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi everyone

I have just joined the site and live in Cove Bay. I'm 23 yeard old, and have lived in Aberdeen for 8 months. I would love to meet you all and have a good chat and moan about PCOS :) I have just read that your group leader has left and you no longer have one. If there is anything I can do to help the situation then please let me know. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to you all. Hope to meet or speak to you soon x x x
laura.m

Postby debs29 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:50 am

Hi Laura,

Sorry it has taken so long for any of us to reply! I'm not sure how many of us Aberdeen girls are still around. I know that I would appreciate a meet at some point in the future. Hopefully meet you soon. Until then please feel free to ask any questions or PM me at any time

Debbie
debs29

Postby laura.m » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:37 pm

Hi Debbie

Thanks for replying :) I've only heard from 1 other lady from Aberdeen so I'm not sure how many of us there are! We're meeting up tomorrow for a quick coffee, sorry it's such late notice but you're welcome to come. We're meeting in Starbucks in union square at 11am. I know it's probably too short notice for you but you're welcome to come! We'll have to arrange a meeting in the future so a few of us can get together and have a moan!

Laura xx
laura.m

Postby debs29 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:19 am

Hi Laura,

Sorry I can't make it as I work til 5 but thanks for invite! Hope you have a good moan over a fine coffee! Please let me know if you arrange any future meets!

Debbiex
debs29

Postby carrieanne watson » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:30 am

hey Debbie
thats a shame you couldnt make it to meet Laura and myself today. There isnt very much of us that wants to meet up :( Or maybe its just me thats scaring them off lol. But hopefully that you can make another time to meet us. :) When Laura and I meet up next would it make it more convenient if we make it early evening so you could manage?. I wouldnt mind doing that so you can be included. See what you think

CarrieAnne
x

p.s im on facebook and so is Laura if your also on it.you can add me if you like just look for CarrieAnne Mccombie
carrieanne watson
Local Group Leader

Postby DawnyB » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:57 am

Sorry, its been a bit hectic here. I'd be up for meeting. Afternoons are best for me, or weekends with a bit of notice so i can work round weeman.
MrsB was time for a name change :)

Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity

ImageImage

Ranty mum diary - my blog
DawnyB
Verity Admin

Postby debs29 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi CarrieAnne,

Evenings or weekends would be better for me unless it is in school holiday times. It would be great to meet up with fellow sufferers and know that someone understands! I don't use facebook much but am thinking I maybe should get into the swing of it so have sent a friend request. Although are you under CarrieAnne Watson as McCombie wasn't showing?

Dawn - hi there I remember you from a meet a few years back - it'd be great to meet up again. I am now on my third IUI cycle (all in all treatment hasn't been going well) so again someone who has been through it and understands (and has been successful!) would be fab!

Hope to see you all soon

Debbiex
debs29

Postby carrieanne watson » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:53 am

hi Debs29
I am under CarrieAnne McCombie,the picture is of a lady with a black hood up, thats me haha.Looking forward to your friend request. Its a brilliant way to keep in touch
love
CarrieAnne
p.s.let me know what your full name is and I can always add you if you cant find me
carrieanne watson
Local Group Leader

Postby DawnyB » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:02 pm

Is anyone interested in taking on the group leader role?

Leshie can't do it as shes moved abroad, and I don't have the time to devote to it to take it back on with weemans ongoing assessments. Anyone up for it?

D xx
MrsB was time for a name change :)

Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity

ImageImage

Ranty mum diary - my blog
DawnyB
Verity Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Verity Local Groups