GROUP ABERDEEN

Where discussion about local groups is conducted

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Postby DawnyB » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:49 am

Shall we have a try for another meeting ladies?

Suggest a date - for the ladies who were at the last one - how was Howies as a venue? There are not a whole load of choices with private dining like that, and it seemed to work really well...

Or a saturday we can go to the square on golden square as they have private rooms too...
MrsB was time for a name change :)

Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity

ImageImage

Ranty mum diary - my blog
DawnyB
Verity Admin

Postby debs29 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:26 pm

Hi Dawn - i'd be keen to attend another meeting, I really enjoyed meeting everyone the last time!

I thought Howies was a good venue, nice lunch and great to have a private room, it seemed quite child friendly. Am happy to go with the flow and i'm free any time so far.

Debbiex
debs29

Postby leshie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:33 am

Hi everyone...

Ive been a regular on verity now for a couple of years, have a cheeky little girl (almost 2 now) and expcting another little bundle of trouble in July...DH has got a new job in Aberdeenshire, about 5miles south of Aberdeen and we will soon be moving up...He starts the new job in 4 weeks but will initially commute from here (fly up monday, fly home friday)...I hope to be making the move and joining him with our little girl sometime in May, or earlier (if we are lucky at the house sells quickly)...

We dont anyone up there, dont have any family up there and I would lvoe to meet some of you...

Also I hope you dont mind, but any advice about the area itself would be much appreciated...good places to live, what sort of provision is tehre for mother and baby groups in aberdeen city and outside in places like stonehaven and inverurie...we would like to live in a town outside of aberdeen but are open to anything at the moment...whats the maternity hospital like...obviously bubba no2 will be born there so as soon as Im up i need to get registered...

any advice would be gratefully received...

hope to meet some of you in the coming months...

Melina

leshie
Local Group Leader

join group

Postby nursey1985 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi

I just noticed this group didnt know it existed. Would like to know about updates and meets!!

Kelly
nursey1985

Postby galliegirl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi all

Im in Invergordon, would love to be included in the updates. Thanks

emmagallie@live.co.uk
galliegirl

Postby DawnyB » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:20 pm

OK... so how is April for people? round about the 10th/11th or the 17th/18th? (Sorry March is a bit mad for me, but if someone else wants to arrange a meet for march if that suits more of you, I'm happy for that)

I'm sorry ladies with all the other verity commitments I have, I don't mail out reminders, so please check on this thread.

If Howies was good, I will need to get an idea of numbers, as again they will require a deposit of £5 per head. Also would you prefer the saturday or the sunday to meet?

Let me know your thoughts...

Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity

ImageImage

DawnyB
Verity Admin

Postby debs29 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi Dawn,

Same for me - the 17th or 18th would be best and any of those days would be fine - happy to go with the majority.

Debbiex
debs29

Postby Dee » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi Ladies,

The 17/18th is good for me. Don't mind either and thought Howies was pretty good so have no problems going there again.
Dee

Postby DawnyB » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:36 pm

Right, so we are still undecided on a set date - can I suggest the sunday (being selfish its easier for me)

And I will call Howies to book - but I will need numbers, as they would like a £5 per head deposit and I am loathe to guess and lose it from my own pocket...

SO could I have numbers by March 31st please?

Dawn

ImageImage

DawnyB
Verity Admin

Re: GROUP ABERDEEN

Postby carrieanne watson » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi Ladies
I would really like to be included in the meetings please.And be kept updated on things.I am really looking forward to meeting you all.

Thanks
Carrie-Anne :D
carrieanne watson
Local Group Leader

Postby leshie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:30 am

Hi everyone...

not quite made the move yet, looks like we are moving up on May 1st, so hopefully will meet most of you at the next meet up...

Was up in Aberdeen this weekend househunting and nursery hunting too...Found a few houses we like so fingers crossed we'll manage to secure one of them...Booked myself onto an NCT course too, in the hope of meeting more mummies in the area...

Enjoy your get together on the 18th...

Look forward to meeting you all soon

Melina

leshie
Local Group Leader

Postby debs29 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:22 am

Hi everyone,

I can make the 18th too! Look forward to hearing everyone's news!

Debbie
debs29

Postby leshie » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:22 am

Hi girls

just a quick one to say its all go...found out yesterday we got the house we wanted...so in 4 weeks time we will be living in Banchory! Im so excited...i just want it to be now though...

Can anyone explain the Easter bank holiday at all for Aberdeen: Dh said apparently good friday and easter monday is not a local Aberdeen holiday but the 19th of April is?! Not that Im complaining, as it meant the agents were working yesterday and called us with the news...just seemed a bit odd!

Look forward to meeting you guys soon hopefully..Dont really know anyone up there so am Keen to meet up...managed to book myself on to an NCT course as well, its the full one again but its another opportunity to meet people...Marias name is down for the local nursery in Banchory but as of yet dont know what they can give us, May is an awkward time to be starting ...

Have a lovely time on the 18th...hope to meet you guys at the next one..

Melina x

leshie
Local Group Leader

Postby Dee » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:04 am

Unfortunately I'm away after all that weekend so will have to make it next time.

Hope you all have a good lunch and hopefully will see you all at the next meeting.
Dee

Its a shame the meeting is postponed

Postby carrieanne watson » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:57 am

Hi Ladies
Its a shame we couldn't get the numbers for the meeting to go ahead, was really looking forward to meeting you all. Even thou Im nervous as Ive never had anyone to talk to who knows how I am feeling :( Hopefully we can meet up at the end of may. Please let me know when it is so I can arrange for the day off work. Thanks

Carrieanne :oops:
carrieanne watson
Local Group Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Verity Local Groups