Research studies

Introduction to Verity Discussion Board, moderators and other discussion board house keeping

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Research studies

Postby Lutzomyia » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:50 pm

Dear All

Just a quick reminder to direct people to the news and announcements section to see if you can help with any of the research studies we are looking to recruit people for.

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards

Tracy - Research Officer
* Unless otherwise stated, my views do not represent the official views, position and standing of Verity
Lutzomyia
Verity Trustee

Postby Annoldie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:08 am

Sorry but I couldn't find anything about research. Ann
Annoldie

Postby icklekitty » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:49 am

Really? It's practically every thread when I look!

http://verity-pcos.org.uk/board/viewforum.php?f=32
icklekitty
Local Group Leader

Postby Annoldie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Ooops, not looking in the right place!
Annoldie

Postby AngelHeart276 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Apologies for the late posting, but I've just now became aware of this thread.

I was just wondering whether anyone has taken part in this sort of research before and how they found the experience?

Thanks.
AngelHeart276

Postby Jellen00 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:30 am

Hello,

I't was my first time to visit this site and i found that this iste is really interesting..thanks for the great info here..
Jellen00

Volunteers REALLY needed for PCOS research please :)

Postby EMMAHAYWARD » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:51 pm

Hello everyone my name is Emma, I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) in 2007. I am a student at the University of Plymouth and as part of my dissertation I am looking at "Young women's feeling towards their bodies when living with PCOS". I really need the help of some volunteers who would be willing to let me interview them over the phone about their feelings and experiences of having PCOS. I would need you to have about an hour and a half of spare time to talk to me this coming week between Monday the 7th Feb and Friday the 11th Feb. I am looking for women between the ages of 18 - 30 that have been diagnosed with PCOS. You will need to live in the UK and preferably have a landline number that I can contact you on. Our phone calls will be recorded.
In this interview you will be asked a series of questions which I would really like you to answer as openly as you feel comfortable doing. Some examples of these questions are “What are your experiences of being a young women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome?â€
EMMAHAYWARD

Re: Research studies

Postby PCOS_research » Fri May 11, 2012 11:06 am

Dear all,

I would like to invite women with PCOS to participate in a research study in the Cambridgeshire area.
If you suffer from PCOS and would like information about this study, please send me your postal address or email so that I can forward further details.

If you are a member of a PCOS local support group then we are also able to meet you at one of your meetings to discuss the study. Please let me know if this would be of interest to you.

Kind regards,

Virginia
PCOS_research

Return to Welcome to Verity Discussion Board