Why Join Verity?

Introduction to Verity Discussion Board, moderators and other discussion board house keeping

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Why Join Verity?

Postby DawnyB » Wed May 07, 2008 1:30 pm

As you may or may not know, Verity is a charity, run by volunteers. Our main source of funding is from the revenue created by people joining. Being a member of the discussion boards is not the same as being a Verity member. By joining Verity, you enable us to provide the space and support that we have all come to rely on.

Verity is committed to sharing the truth about PCOS with our members, their partners, family and friends, and to the medical profession. The benefits of becoming a member of the UK's only PCOS charity include...

twice yearly In Touch magazine, invitations to conferences at reduced cost, a range of information booklets written by experts, a members only area on the website where you can watch videos of conferences and events, and discounts at a growing range of companies such as Rosemary Conley online.
see here for further information...

Member benefits

Membership costs from £20 per year with discounts for joining for longer term membership - and that saves you the hassle of remembering another payment date!

Join Verity

We hope to see many of you joining and enabling Verity to go from strength to strength.
MrsB was time for a name change :)

Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity

ImageImage

Ranty mum diary - my blog
DawnyB
Verity Admin

Postby michp21 » Sat May 17, 2008 9:47 pm

please help, i have joined and paid my membership but dont seem to be able to login with my password and email address on the profile section of the main webpage??? x
michp21

Postby DawnyB » Sat May 17, 2008 9:51 pm

The members area of the website is still a work in progress.

When it is up and running, all members will be sent a letter in the post to tell them how to use the members only area. I'm sorry that its not ready yet, but I know Rachel (our chair) is working very hard on it, and is hoping to get it going soon.

Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity

ImageImage

DawnyB
Verity Admin

Postby michp21 » Sun May 18, 2008 7:53 pm

thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
michp21

Postby Nellie » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Hello, I paid my membership fees in October/November of this year but have yet to recieve any communication from anyone at Verity, when can I expect my much needed support / membership pack?
Kind Regards,
Nellie :)
Nellie

Postby DawnyB » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:16 pm

Nellie, please private message me your name, address, type of payment, and e-mail address and I will chase this up.

Dawn

ImageImage

DawnyB
Verity Admin

Postby belleandboo » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:35 am

Can anyone help me?

I joined verity as a member on 21st Jan and Ive not had a membership pack through yet.
CREWE PCOS group, meets monthly at Costa in Crewe just mail me for details :D
crewe@verity-pcos.org.uk
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

Postby Premila » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:07 pm

Please e-mail me your details and I will sort it out:

deputy@verity-pcos.org.UK

thanks

Premila
Premila
Verity Trustee

Postby belleandboo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:55 am

hi premilla - did you get my email i sent you last week?
CREWE PCOS group, meets monthly at Costa in Crewe just mail me for details :D
crewe@verity-pcos.org.uk
belleandboo
Local Group Leader

Joining Verity

Postby emilyccjr » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi,
I have heard of Verity before and, having just joined this board will be about to become a member. In the gym today, I saw a women on the treadmill with a Verity T- shirt, where can I get one? Looking forward to joining more discussions!
emilyccjr

Postby Premila » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:34 am

Bellaboo - yes your pack will be in the post to you this week.

We did have t-shirts but they weren't selling as well as expected and having looked at the cost to get better quality ones, we just can't justify getting any more at the moment.

Premila
Premila
Verity Trustee

Re: Why Join Verity?

Postby keirawinsor » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:32 am

because there are a lot of cool people n verity!!! :)
keirawinsor

Postby Georgina1174 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:05 pm

Hello, I have joined verity a few weeks ago and still haven't received any letters or booklets! I'm just wondering is this normal or do I have to request or email for the information booklets to be sent in the post? Thanks
Georgina1174

Postby Hols969 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:32 pm

No if you paid for membership then this will be sent out automatically, as we are all volunteers, it is usually done once a month so hopefully you should get the pack in the next few weeks.
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Georgina1174 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:16 pm

Ok thanks for your reply, was just getting worried that my information booklet hasn't arrived but if it's only sent once a month I'm sure it will be on its way soon. Hopefully

Thank you
Georgina1174

Next

Return to Welcome to Verity Discussion Board