Thanks Verity

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Thanks Verity

Postby tina » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:24 pm

I have just recently joined Verity and want to say thank you for the most positive and helpful information about PCOS.

Reading everyones stories is heart rendering but also hopeful to know we are not alone and can support and share knowledge together!

I was diagnosed with PCOS nearly four years ago.
My doctor told me that I may have a problem with conceiving a child in the future. I was not sent for a scan and was offerred Dianette.

The information I found on PCOS was amazing, it was like bells ringing,
so much applied to me and I thought for a long time I was just going mad.
From the rapid weight gain in places I would not normally gain, to the mood swings, increased facial hair, luckily I have never had any major period problems.

Unfortunately two years ago the worst happened, I suffered a miscarriage.
At the time I did not link it to PCOS.
That was until four weeks ago I sufferred my second miscarriage.
My world fell apart, I am trying so hard to cope and stay positive but I cannot get over the fact that this may happen again.
My doctor has been sympathetic and I am on sleeping tablets, but they do not investigate the reasons behind miscarriage until you have had three!
Unbelievable!

Anyway we will see what the future holds, I have read other stories with happier endings so am hopeful for the future.

All the best to you all out there!
tina

Postby Loopyloo » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:42 pm

hello tina

sorry to hear your sad news, i am completely shocked that they wont investigate until you have had three!!! i think its disgusting.

i am currently trying for a baby but i'm not ovulating which doesnt help my doctor put me on metformin and clomid ... are you able to conceive naturally tina?

Have you heard of the author colette harris ... she has written a few books on the subject and i have found them to be invaluable...she explains all about pcos and also lots of selfhelp to make the condition easier to live with.

Well fingers crossed for you tina i hope all goes well for you...should you ever need anyone to talk too please get in touch.

Love Louise xx
Loopyloo

Hi

Postby tina » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:22 pm

Hi Louise,

Thanks for your kind words it means a lot.
Yes I am able to conceive naturally, it does take a while though.
Actually I have just bought two books by Colette Harris, and they are great.

I also have my fingers crossed for you too Louise, hope all goes well for you.

Love Tina x
tina

Return to Verity Cafe