PCOS but no other symptom

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

PCOS but no other symptom

Postby marinavidela » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:10 pm

hello
i've been diagnosed but i have no unusual hair growth, acne, overweight, or any of the other symptoms described everywhere you read about PCOS.
how about that? any comments?
im waiting for my period to run more test (hormones and such)... but i would like to hear from someone who knows of this.
txs
marinavidela

Postby Linsta » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:25 pm

Hi,

I've heard that can happen, I think they usually refer to it as PCO rather than PCOS as the cysts are there but the symptoms which make up the syndrome aren't. Although you probably don't feel it after being diagnosed you are quite lucky that you don't have any of the symptoms, and its good that you are having all the tests done so you can get any help (if needed) to keep it that way,

Lynn x
Linsta

Postby marinavidela » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:00 pm

oh, i see... now i get it.
and what about insuline resistance? can you tell if you are resistant? or how do you know?
does it show on a regular or complete blood test? cause i have plenty of both in my life...
txs again.
marinavidela

Postby Linsta » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:47 pm

I think that your doctor will be monitoring your blood sugar now you have been diagnosed with PCOS so they will probably tell from that. However, I'm not 100% sure if this is the only way they test for insulin resistance, as this isn't a symptom that my endocrinologist has brought up.

Lynn x
Linsta

Return to Verity Cafe