Newbie to site !!!

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Newbie to site !!!

Postby Josey » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:50 am

Hi Everyone

I am so pleased I have found this site I no longer feel alone. Just been diagonsed with PCOS - it's been a long rocky road. After being confirmed by blood test and scan as having PCOS the senior regististar tried to tell me it was only IBS and gave me some pills. But I wrote a letter to the top man !! I have just had my first appointment in the infertility clinic, been put on a 3 months cycle of Clomid - and am booked in for a laproscapy ( ??) and possilbly overy drilling.

Has anyone had overy drilling ?? Has it been a sucess ?? How did you feel after the op ?? Sorry for the all questions.

Would be interested meeting up with anyone living in the southampton / portsmouth areas.

Just a quick question - last week I put Go-Cat in the kettle and my hubbys cornflakes in the dishwasher - does anyone else have these strange moments !!!
:roll:

Take Care everyone

Love
Jo xx
Josey

Postby Sassymoo » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:38 pm

Hi Jo

Welcome to the site!

I thought your last comment was interesting. I certainly find that I have "moments" like that. A couple of years ago my symptoms were really bad and my OH started to think that I'd got early on-set Alzheimers! My consultant explained that it's a common problem for pcos sufferers to have memory problems, or a "fuzzy head" as she called it. So you can tell your husband that it's normal behaviour :lol:

SM -x-
Sassymoo

Postby Linsta » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:31 pm

I thought it was just me with the woolly head :oops: I didn't realise that was to do with the PCOS !!

I'm constantly forgetting what I am saying half way through sentences, and last week I went to open the car window (while we were doing about 60 mph down a motorway), and I opened the door instead :oops:

Lynn x
Linsta

Return to Verity Cafe