General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Postby Rach » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:50 pm

Hello my name is Rachael. I hope you don't mind me joining this board.
I was diagnosed with PCOS officially in 2002 after I had a laporoscopy. I have some of the symptoms like excess hair, acne, no periods.

This is the first board I have found specifically for people wih PCOS and I am looking forward to be able to speak to other people who suffer with PCOS.

Here is a bit about me: I am married and I am a full time mum to my 2 1/2 year old son.

It took me nearly five years to conceive my child. I conceived after having ovarian drilling (laporoscopy). Currently we are trying for our second child but without much luck at the moment. The consultant wants me to have ovarian drilling again but I am not sure that I can go through it again.

These PCOS symptoms really get me down especially the excess hair.

It would be nice to hear from other people who may be in the same situation as me or just to be able to talk with people who understands the symptoms of PCOS.

Thank you for reading this. :D
Rach

Postby Linsta » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:49 pm

Welcome to the boards! :D

I only joined in April this year, so I'm pretty much a newbie myself. I hope you find these boards as interesting as I do

Lynn x
Linsta

Postby Mysticmeg » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:16 pm

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me asking why you wouldn't go through ovarian drilling again?

My consultant has said this is one of my options for conceiving.

What is it like? Is it painful? Would I be in and out of hospital in a day?

Mystic xxx
Mysticmeg

Postby rebecca » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:50 pm

can u tell me a bit about ovarian drilling?
did u get pregnant straigh afterwards?
rebecca

Postby Sassymoo » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:10 pm

Hi Rachael,
Welcome. I'm a relative newbie as well. I find this site very informative and it is a relief to know that there are people out there that understand what living with PCOS means.

SM-x-
Sassymoo

Ovarian Drilling

Postby Rach » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:55 pm

I had my laparoscopy over 4 years ago. I went into hospital early in the morning. I had three incisions made. One on my belly button, one on my bikini line and another on my lower abdomen. I was in and out of hospital by lunchtime the same day.

For the first 24 hours I felt really rough and I remember one of my shoulders hurting, although I can't remember why.

You can't drive I think for about 48 hours after having the laparoscopy. I didn't feel like my normal self until 2 weeks afterwards.

I had the laparoscopy in July and I conceived in the November on Tamoxifen.

Although who knows I might go through it again.

I hope this information is helpful. :D
Rach
Rach

Postby Stina » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:55 pm

Your shoulders would have been sore due to the gas that they pump you full of for the lap. I have had 3 laps in the past and my shoulders can be sore for upto a week afterwards.
Stina

Return to Verity Cafe