Very Very Painful.

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Did you feel your PCOS has been dealt with good enough?

yes
17%
no
58%
undecided
25%

Total votes : 12

Very Very Painful.

Postby AdeleYorks » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:29 pm

I have posted here before but under a different name and i cannot remember the name - OR the password so im a bit stuck! :)

I am in a lot of pain at the moment, be it due to my PCOS or not. But I cannot cope at the moment.

Ive been in discomfort with the pain since around 3 saturdays ago.

On wednesday night, just gone, me and my boyfriend had sex, and after that I could not move, because I was in so much pain.

I was screaming and sobbing in pain.
I couldnt sit up, couldnt stand up.
Just laid there.

I sent him home because he was fussing over me. And I took some painkillers, screamed my way through moving into my bed.

I decided to ring the emergency doctor (which is the NHS direct number) and they passed my details onto a nurse who rung me back.

I described the pain, the nausea, the clammyness, etc etc, and she said it sounded like i didnt need a doctor but a visit to the hospital.

She rung the ambulance for me.

It arrived within 3 minutes.

They took me to the hospital, and the doctor listened to my stomach, and felt around. I could have hit him it hurt so much.

Finally i also gave them a water sample.

And they said "I dont think its anything seriously wrong, you've just got a very severe water infection"

They gave me some tablets - One i refused to take because I knew I was allergic to it, and the other one he called it a funny name, so i took it. Only when he brought the box to me, it was another one i was allergic to!!!

So they gave me a course of 500mg Amoxicillin.

i had thursday and friday off ILL because of the pain and the nausea.

I decided to go back to work on saturday and got sent home ill because of the nausea.

I am in immense pain today, and I have read on websites, that because Im on the pill ( a double dose of microval/micronor to balance my homrones) that Amoxicillin causes problems with the pill, and amoxicillin can cause a few problems including Nausea, Vomiting, Diarroah (sp?) and tummy pains.

So this leaves me no option but to go back to the doctors tomorrow.

I feel like nothing is being done Im so disheartened.

Like im not getting anywhere.

And its affecting my work, and everything....

I dont know what to do!!?

Any ideas?
Who can I ask to see?
What can I ask to be done?

Please...someone help....[/quote]
AdeleYorks

Postby rebecca » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:50 pm

hi adele , i know what you are going through.
i had to go to hospital because i had severe stmach pains they gave me morphine cause i was screaming in agony.
i had tests and nothink they said it was a urine infection
i knew it wasnt
my husband argued with the doctor and they admitted me i was in 4 two weeks still they found nothink wrong with me.
i was told it was nothink to do with pcos but i am not sure?
i have found when i am ment to ovulate i have the pain
have they done a preg test?
rebecca

Postby AdeleYorks » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:41 pm

have they done a preg test?

At this current moment I am on my period.
I came on yesterday.
Just one day early.

Its strange, when you go to A&E they always make you do a urine sample to make sure whether or not you are pregnant.

Im having another day off sick tomorrow, and I am gonna go to the doctors - AGAIN.

I am so fed up and disheartened.

I sometimes feel like the only think that would get rid of it, is to have a baby, or two, and then just have an hysterectomy...

they wouldnt cause pain if they werent there!!!

I just dont know what to do anymore[/quote]
AdeleYorks

Postby buzzard1994 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:47 am

you could have a large ovarian cyst - commonest cause of pain in young women - or a kidney stone which causes the only pain to rival childbirth. Once they find an infection they may not look for anything else but you can have more than one problem. If you haven't had a scan recently make a fuss about having one and drink lots of cranberry juice in case there is a small stone trying to shift itself.

Personally I don't feel I have ever had good advice from doctors but going on a low gi diet was the best thing I did for my pcos. I learnt about that from verity. I'm about to start a gluten and yeast free diet to see if that helps too.
buzzard1994

Postby rebecca » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:48 pm

please advice me what diet is the best?
rebecca

Postby Sassymoo » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:13 pm

Hi Rebecca
My consultant told me to follow a low carb diet - she specifically mentioned Atkins. I found it worked really well for me, although I do find it difficult to stick to sometimes (the modern world doesn't facilitate it much). I guess you have to just try different things and find what works best for you.
Good luck
SM-x-
Sassymoo

Return to Verity Cafe