Woo Hoo just got my next appointment at hospital!!!

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Woo Hoo just got my next appointment at hospital!!!

Postby Maddy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:16 pm

Im kind of hoping that one of you out there could help. This will be my second appointment at the hospital and was wondering what will happen. My first appointment was for a scan and internal examination and I've no idea what will happen at this one. I am praying that it will be to get clomid or something because we have been ttc forever :!: Please advise :!:
Maddy

Postby Linsta » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:57 am

Hi,

Its been 10 years ( :shock: ), since I was diagnosed and started with my consultations at hospital. I suppose it depends on what kind of doctor you will be seeing (gynaecologist or endocrinologist). I see a endocrinologist.

At my first consultation she asked what my symptoms were and about the severity of them. She looked at the areas where the hair/acne were worst, weighed me, and sent for quite a few blood tests. We discussed what the main problems were for me and she advised me what the available treatments were and the pros and cons of each one, she also outlined future problems I may have if I continued how I was doing (with my weight etc).

She agreed to treat the excess hair first and wrote a letter to my GP to start me on a prescription, and then set the date (6 months later) for another consultation. I now go every 12 months, and the consultations usually consist of discussin how medication and diet is going and any other problems that arise. My consultant has suggested I keep a diary of symptoms and my cycle to take with me, to make it easier for her to see problem areas, it also helps me doing this because I can remember any questions I think of during the year.

I hope this helps, and good luck :D

Lynn x
Linsta

Postby kat » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:58 am

Hi Maddy,

i would suspect that they would now want to discuss the best ways to manage the sympoms. as you are ttc, you need to make this clear to them that this is a priority and that the treatment should then be geared towards it.
i was fortunate to get my scan and start my treatment (clomid) from the same appointment. although i think i was a bit shocked at what it all entailed!
Good luck with your appointment and let us know how you go.
Kat

ttc since Jan 04
diagnosed with pcos May 05
First round of clomid:BFP but m/c at 10 weeks
10 rounds clomid: nothing
IVF scan Oct 06 ovulating: sent home for baby dancing
Gorgeous little boy born 07/07/07
kat

Return to Verity Cafe