Endocrinologist - Any hints and tips?

General discussion area. Just been diagnosed? Need to share your story and get some peer support?

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Endocrinologist - Any hints and tips?

Postby Gilllister » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:40 pm

Hi there! I'm new to the forum. I was diagnosed with PCOS twelve years ago, but was given such a flippant diagnosis, and a leaflet about weight loss and irregular periods, so I thought it was just that, and I would just have to deal with it. Over the last few years, I've learned a lot more and have been referred to an endocrinologist who I'm seeing on friday.

I don't have the best track record with health care professionals, as most of the ones I've seen only focus on my weight, in not complimentary ways (I was recently compared to luggage, as my doctor told me he had run through the airport with a 15kg bag and he was knackered, and I am a lot more than that, so he can't imagine how I feel.)

So, what I'm wondering is, are there any questions you would suggest asking? Or any topics that should be especially broached? I don't really know where to start, and I desperately want this to be a positive experience.

Thanks for reading!
Gillian xx
Gilllister

Return to Verity Cafe